Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Character Creation Rules

Go down

Character Creation Rules Empty Character Creation Rules

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:17 pm

What follows here are the Character Creation rules, as I'm sure you can see. However We're also going to outline the process a little for those of you requesting to join the game. There's a streamlined way to do it that makes it easier on everyone:

FIRST when you initially request to join the game (by PMing both Ac1ds0ld13r and Jedi_Master_007 with the following information), give us a little background information on yourself, the type of game you're wanting to play (politicking, social, etc...), and how long you've been playing V:tM as well as what resources you have. DO NOT GIVE US A CHARACTER SHEET YET We assume you have the Revised core book, if you do not please let us know, we can work around that. This gives us an idea what we can throw at you, we're pretty devious sometimes and we don't want to throw anything at anyone who can't handle it.

In that same post we would like to see a concept. The concept of your character is the most important part to us. If you can't tell us who and what your character is, what they're about, and what you want to do with them, honestly, your game ends there. When detailing your character concept, ask yourself this question. Why would an eternally damned, selfish, spiteful monster want to share her immortality with this character? If you can't come up with a good reason, then your concept is a bad one. There are also some other things to consider when giving us your concept. Ac1d and I (Jedi Master) have been doing this for a very, very long time. Things like Shit Kicker, Ass Clown, Serial Killer, Mob Assassin, and 'Nam Sniper are also insanely bad concepts. They're very limited in their abilities, offer little playability outside of their area of expertise, and in some cases, give us absolutely no idea what the concept or character is. You want a concept that is easy to identify, offers a wide range of playability, and allows us as the Storytellers to easily fit you into the game. Concepts like Hobo Musician, Stage Magician, Thrill Seeking Gambler, or Paranormal Investigator are awesome because they are KISS simple, to the point, and give us an a general idea about what we (as the STs) want to do with the character right off gate, without needing to ask you (as the player) "What do you want to do next?". Having said that, a bad concept that is well thought out and detailed enough for us to add you to the game while still being fun to play is always going to be better then having no concept at all.

NEXT Give us a brief (And the STORYTELLER MEANS BRIEF!!! - There, I marked out for The Rock) background. Keep your backgrounds simple, and sweet. Flash and dash are alright, but if you haven't noticed yet, we (That's us, the Storytellers, Ac1d and Jedi again) like things KISS. We want quality, but don't give us a book. I can promise you, neither of us will read it. Try to limit it to about 1 or 2 good paragraphs touching on the important stuff, and whatever you do, don't get so specific with everything we can't work you in! It is better to be general and to the point instead of specific and elaborate. Let us ask you for the details. KISS, Keep It Simple, Stupid, is the policy we live by here.

FINALLY once we work out any kinks in your background we'll move onto the sheet. After working with us you'll have a good idea what dots to put where and how you're sheet is supposed to look. It's a little more drawn out, but I promise you'll end up with a better final product and one more suited to the game.

I. CREATION
a. 30 Freebies (Mods get 40 and Storytellers get 50)
b. Standard revised rules as noted on the template.
c. NO starting Generation lower than 10th. Generation may not be purchased if your character is from the LA region. It will be assigned to you based on who your sire is and how they fit into our game.
d. NO traits above 3 BEFORE Freebies
e. NO abilities starting with higher rating than 4 (Backgrounds are excluded, but influence is capped at 2 dots total.)
f. Your discipline dots are spread out so you will have at least 1 in each discipline at the end of character creation. This is mandatory.
g. Courage cannot exceed 4 dots at the end of Character Creation
h. No more than 7 points in Merits and flaws COMBINED
i. Backgrounds are Mandatory for ALL characters regardless of Generation
j. Caitiff characters cannot ever learn a clan specific discipline in this game. The moment they do, they take on all aspects of the parent clan, including it's flaws. If you want Protean, you're a Gangrel. If you want Obtenebration, you're a Lasombra. If you want Obtenebration and Thaumaturgy, you're a Tremere who is trying to find a Lasombra that will teach you Obtenebration. Good luck.

III. BACKGROUND THIS IS MANDATORY FOR ALL CHARACTERS
a. ALL PCs require a Background of about 1-2 paragraphs. This part should be easy since you gave us a background before your character sheet.
b. Also explain all backgrounds on your sheet; don't give us a book but a few concise paragraphs on who and what they are is fine and dandy. Now, if you've been paying attention thats twice you've seen this part about us not wanting a book now.
c. A few SHORT and LONG term goals. They are MANDATORY!!!
d. Look through our NPCs and see if you can find a Sire IN GAME before you make one up. The same goes with all your contacts and allies.
f. Assume your PC is loyal to the sect their clan belongs to (I.E. Anarch). NO SABBAT OR CAMARILLA CHARACTERS WILL BE APPROVED AT THIS TIME

IV. ALLOWED CLANS
-Assamite, Brujah, Caitiff, Followers of Set*, Gangrel, Gargoyle (Slave)*, Giovanni, Lasombra Antitribu*, Nosferatu, Malkavian*, Samedi, Toreador, Tremere*, Ventrue

* These clans require special Storyteller permission, because they will have very specific roles in the game, or, as is the case for the Malkavians, they are believed extinct.

V. BANNED CLANS
-Cappadocian, Salubri, Any Antitribu, True Brujah, Old Clan Tzimisce, Kyasid, Baali, Ahrimanes, Nagaraja, I would hope this wouldn't need to be said, but Abominations are banned. If you're dumb enough to try to get me to allow one, this game is NOT for you, please, don't waste my time.

VI. CAPPED CLANS
-Tremere

VII. RECOMMENDED CLANS
-Brujah

VIII. OTHER OBJECTIVES
a. PC's should be balanced to handle all aspects of Anarch life. This includes the social interactions and politics.
b. Character's should have a decent set of goals and personal motivations. We have over 10 players. All of them are doing their own thing. While we do pretty good keeping up with them, sometimes you guys will need to be self-motivated with your plots.

IV. BANNED MERITS AND FLAWS
-Unbondable, Iron Will, Eidetic Memory, Twitch, Blase (Merit from the Toreador clan book), Magic Resistance, Lucky, Nine Lives, True Faith, Lame, Touch of Frost, Masquerade Breaker, Escaped Target, Glowing Eyes, or any other stupid merit or flaw that actively draws attention to your character. That would get you killed and make your character unplayable. Don't pick it. This list is not complete.

X. POST CHARACTER APPROVAL
-Select an Avatar for your PC (and your OOC if necessary)
-Make sure you post the Approved Sheet to the Character Sheets thread in proper format.

BUT WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO PLAY YET? Well the answer to this is perfectly simple. Register, feel free to participate in the OOC Chats, ask questions and get to know us. Lurking is perfectly welcome here. We strive to have high quality players and posting here, and if I say so myself (Ac1d) we do a damn good job at maintaining a high standard of quality for our RPing. If you want to read along and follow the story by all means, drop into the OOC and let us know who you are and what you're about. Please remember though, as a Lurker, you are not allowed to participate in any IC thread, and if there is a freeform RP going on in the chat on the Home page, you are not allowed to post there while that is happening. Under no circumstances will disrupting a scene be tolerated. We will remove you from the forum should you become a problem here. All death threats aside. You're welcome here, just remember this is a Mature game, so Mature content is to be handled in a Mature manner. If you do not know what I'm talking about, you should probably move along, but if you do understand what I'm saying: Welcome to TBLA, and we hope you like what you see.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-22

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down