Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting the Shit and Character Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Shooting the Shit and Character Discussion Empty Re: Shooting the Shit and Character Discussion

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu May 21, 2009 6:54 pm

Sexy!

Shooting the Shit and Character Discussion Underd12

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Shooting the Shit and Character Discussion Empty Re: Shooting the Shit and Character Discussion

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed May 20, 2009 11:16 am

Okay... everyone take a look at the Races. I've been slowly toiling away at the Drow. I just need to add the Houses, and a few examples of names and then they're done. I plan on doing that for all of them. Whew. It's a task.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue May 12, 2009 1:56 pm

It's all good. Take your time.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marselle Qin Tue May 12, 2009 1:36 pm

What I'm going to end up doing is color-coding the arcane spells for school - that should be something I could get done tomorrow night.
Marselle Qin
Marselle Qin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue May 12, 2009 11:26 am

Wow. Awesome spell lists. Now all we need to do is organize them to look all nice and neat. Basically some sort of formatting. It's all good though. Very Happy

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Marselle Qin Tue May 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Sure thing. I'll start going through and doing that tonight when I get off work.
Marselle Qin
Marselle Qin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue May 05, 2009 7:37 am

Hey Marselle, do you want to start adding what you have so far to the spell list?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sun May 03, 2009 5:18 am

There ya go homie. You have a place to work on the Spell list. It's a bitch, I know.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sun May 03, 2009 1:57 am

Ok. I am still updating the Racial FEATs for the characters in this game. Seems to me like there is a large list for them all. I was originally hoping to narrow it down to like 3 - 5 a piece, but it looks like it's going to be somewhere between 4-6. Razz

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sun May 03, 2009 12:18 am

Of course. One of the things you'll see, as I get to fixing up the races, is that all of them are being buffed up to ECL 3.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by August Personage in Jade Sat May 02, 2009 10:37 pm

Is that allowed? Druids aren't limited to half-orcs?
August Personage in Jade
August Personage in Jade
Storyteller
Storyteller

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Marselle Qin Sat May 02, 2009 10:20 am

Working my way through it - I like the stance it's taking on druids so far.
Marselle Qin
Marselle Qin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 02, 2009 10:13 am

Marselle, how do you like that Darksun stuff I gave you?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri May 01, 2009 5:05 pm

That would be awesome. Especially if you were of a different race then Half-Orc. Very Happy

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by August Personage in Jade Fri May 01, 2009 2:48 pm

Okay, since you're open to it I'm leaning toward writing up another druid. I'll try to approach it from a different angle than Marselle.
August Personage in Jade
August Personage in Jade
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Marselle Qin Fri May 01, 2009 5:38 am

Another druid would work - perhaps one diametrically opposed to my own. I'm of earth, focused on the renewing properties of death - decay creating growth, disease, fire, and flood giving space for new life to blossom, the destructive and creative chaos of nature.

An air-aligned druid would work well as a foil; we'll be having the druids align to an aspect of nature instead of a god, so earth, air, fire, or water. A druid of the desert would be a very powerful person in society; he or she would create and maintain an oasis, a place of sanctuary against the winds and storms. The bedouin-inspired tribes in the desert there would owe him or her much.
Marselle Qin
Marselle Qin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri May 01, 2009 12:46 am

Ah, the Darksun Campaign. This will make a lot more sense to you then. Picture a cross between Darksun and the Underdark. Then give it metal, and drop the Defilers, and you have an idea what this world is like.

There are no gods, so there are no Clerics. If you look at the map, you'll see the forested area. It's actually a jungle, and the Druids of Alara are responsible for creating it. Druids are a very powerful class in this game, because they fill the role of Druid and Cleric. Multiple Druids would be nice, because then we could have multiple takes on the same class, but with different approaches.

As for being a Drow, the history isn't done enough yet, but the general idea is that it's much more demographically equal. Without Clerical power, the females lost their ability to control the males and the slaves.

As for picking a character class. TBH, scrap anything from the Tome of Battle. More likely then not it won't be allowed. The character classes in the character creation section are it. There are no others. They're all classes that you want to tank, aren't broken, and that are appropriate for this game. As a rule, there won't be any PrCs until 15th level. We (Marselle and I) decided that in order to qualify for a prestige class, you must first be prestigeous.

If you want to play a good warrior, a Drow Brute isn't a bad idea. The Fighter is an awesome class. It's extremely underrated, but that's because the stat monkeys would rather be broken then use common sense. I have sat at table top games with munchkins. I've heard the stories. I've done the convention thing. To be honest, a high level plain Fighter is capable of decimating the entire field. You just have to be smart enough to make the fighter well rounded, like a commando would be. The Fighter is not a one trick pony if you give him more then 1 trick. Very Happy

Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, Expertise, Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Unarmed Strike, Weapon Focus, and Weapon Specialization are all possible by level 4, and would give you access to multiple fighting styles that give you an advantage in every category. By level 8, you would throw on Improved Two Weapon Fighting, that still leaves you with 2 FEATs for fluff, and more or less has you better then all of the other combat classes. You will survive almost any FIGHT for your level. God forbid you do something like take Iron Will and Mage Slayer.

I dunno man. Up to you. Very Happy

*Shrugs*

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by August Personage in Jade Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm not really sure. I love monks, but they're almost as useless as bards- if you want a quick striker, play a rogue. Druid would be really interesting with the world information you put up- they sound kind of like Dark Sun druids, I forget what they were called- but we already have one. Cleric, maybe? But there's no Lloth and I'd love to play a drow, so I don't know if that'd work.

Are we allowing Tome of Battle? A Swordsage out of there could be cool and new for me, since I haven't used the book in play before.
August Personage in Jade
August Personage in Jade
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:23 pm

Kilgar is cool and it doesn't take too much editing for him. In fact, he would get to go up a level or two I think.

A Drow is also just as sweet in this game.

Jade: What are you thinking about trying to play? I know there is still a lot more in this game that needs to be posted... and we're getting there. It's just tough.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:28 pm

How would a drown hexblade do? I'd LIKE to play Kilgar again, but its not mandatory by no means. I'd much rather make something that I can delve into the story of the setting a bit and see what happens. If that makes any sense at all.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:31 am

It's going to be a level 8 character game. All of the races are being balanced to fit the game world and have a rough ECL of 3. We've got some neat stuff going on.

For the most part, the books are PHB + 1. But the truth is, when we get enough of it all posted, it'll be entirely the rules for the game.

For example, right now, I am going through the various books and creating a spell list specific for this game. We're also going to end up with a FEAT list and an Equipment list for this game.

I can promise you that this game is focusing on single class characters - hence the reason the majority of the classes in the game are classes you would tank until max level. This also seems like it is going to be a Drow based game, since it is designed to be a Drow or Human faction. Right now there are 2 Drow and 2 Half-Orcs. 1 Drow Rogue, 1 Drow Warmage, 1 Half-Orc Druid, and 1 Half-Orc Fighter. Ideally we'd see more Drow and maybe a Freeman or two.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by August Personage in Jade Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:25 am

What's the CL of the game? I see Qin's got a lvl 8 druid. Is that what we're shooting for?

Also, what books are allowed? I've got a bunch of pdfs already up on Skydrive, if I can just remember my password.
August Personage in Jade
August Personage in Jade
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Marselle Qin Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:42 am

I gots to head to bed now, but I'll catch you at work tonight.
Marselle Qin
Marselle Qin
Storyteller
Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 am

What's up Andrew... I've got some projects for this game...

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Shooting the Shit and Character Discussion Empty Shooting the Shit and Character Discussion

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Hey Jade, Purple and I are discussing things in the chatbox. Also, don't forget to reroll your 1s. Razz

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down