Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OOC Chat

+9
Lot Dolon
Nightwreaver
johntfs
wolfman1911
Penny Dreadful
Jedi_Master_007
MILLANDSON
Bahriel
Claymore
13 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

OOC Chat - Page 3 Empty Re: OOC Chat

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:10 pm

I can answer that. =) We're getting a new thread. I am supposed to start it.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:54 am

Claymore, which thread should I and JediMaster007 post in as Joshua and Gauge? My last post left Joshua in Elysium's lobby just as Gauge and Gwen were crossing over to the metal detector. So Josh and Gauge are in position to interact with each other. So, which thread should we post in?

johntfs
Player
Player

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 pm

Just checking in folks. Sorry bout this, but there's not internet at my new apartment yet. I'll have intermittent access via my laptop at my old apartment while I pack up a few loose odds and ends, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done.

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-26

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=15037

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Sounds tough. My dry spell starts next week. I'm going on vacation from July 27 - August 2 and my internet access will probably be non-existent. Though if the hotel we're at has a business center (I think it does), I should be able to post at least some.

johntfs
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:23 am

It's all good. C1@yrn0r3 (I'm only doing that because he hates l33t) and I are particularly busy this week. We're both moving, getting ready to move, or in some phase of the moving process.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rain Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 am

johntfs wrote:Welcome to whoever is playing Alisa, whoever that is. And yay, Claymore can post again.

Thanks. ^_^ b

Anyway, sorry the response took a while. I've been kind of busy the past few days.

Rain
Player
Player

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:03 pm

Welcome to whoever is playing Alisa, whoever that is. And yay, Claymore can post again.

johntfs
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:04 am

Uh... last I heard he was going to New York for a few days.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mortannis Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:59 pm

trying to get ahold of clay
mortannis
mortannis
Player
Player

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:20 pm

He's on IM. For anyone who uses Yahoo or the like.

He's got the posts written, at least according to him, he just needs to save them and post them. He said Donna's is the one that's giving him writer's block.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by MILLANDSON Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:12 pm

johntfs wrote:I'm okay with that, being willing if not eager to post at this point.

However, I will not pester, threaten or make ultimatums to anyone. The way I see it, if a GM has to be harassed into making reply posts to his own, he really doesn't have any interest in that game. It is a game, after. It's supposed to be fun. If somebody has push you into participating in your own game, it's not fun anymore, is it? So, I'm willing to wait for new posts.

But I won't wait forever. Eventually, I'll lose interest and go on to something else. I won't even bother to say goodbye. I'll just slip away and stop checking in once my interest level gets to be too low. And that's all I plan to say on that subject.

I pretty much agree.

MILLANDSON
Player
Player

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-04-23

http://www.rpol.net

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm okay with that, being willing if not eager to post at this point.

However, I will not pester, threaten or make ultimatums to anyone. The way I see it, if a GM has to be harassed into making reply posts to his own game, he really doesn't have any interest in that game. It is a game, after all. It's supposed to be fun. If somebody has push you into participating in your own game, it's not fun anymore, is it? So, I'm willing to wait for new posts.

But I won't wait forever. Eventually, I'll lose interest and go on to something else. I won't even bother to say goodbye. I'll just slip away and stop checking in once my interest level gets to be too low. And that's all I plan to say on that subject.

Last edited by johntfs on Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:39 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding extra comments)

johntfs
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:40 pm

Check the Announcements for this game.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:05 am

Claymore, just a reminder, but I sent you a private message a few days ago and wanted to make sure you'd gotten it.

johntfs
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 pm

The thing that's really the key to Josh is that he got pushed into a much deeper, darker and nastier end of the supernatural swimming pool than most people. Figure the main introduction that most characters here had to the WoD was "OMG, vampires are real!!" With Josh it was more "There are cracks in the world that lead to places of nightmare. Things. Terrible, hungry Things live and breed in those cracks. And more than anything else, those Things desire to rape their ways into our world, eat us up and shit us out to become Things in Their own image. Magic is a potent, terrifying force wielded by beings who look human but command the power of spiteful gods. Oh, and apparently vampires are also real."

It's a little like what would happen with a vampire who accidently diablerized his Sire during the moment of his Embrace. That Childe's first feeding is the overwhelming pleasure of drinking the heart of soul of another vampire. Thus, all other feedings will taste bland and ashen to him by comparison.

Josh is like that guy, except his "first feeding" was upon some of the worst nightmares in the WoD. So vampires, mages and the like are almost mundane to him.

johntfs
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:39 pm

I told Claymore there are better pictures of Gina Torres. Razz I suppose it's fitting though since Gauge has moments of "Malness"

But yea, we're about to go to Elysium. How far we get after that is sorta up in the air. bounce

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Well, Josh has a powerful Mage as a Mentor whose support they need, so they probably wouldn't mess with Josh's mind over something that petty. More than likely I figure they'd blame some hapless ghoul or neonate who's way lower on the totem pole, punishing them for the "crime" of making their "betters" look bad.

Do I understand that Gauge and Zoe from Firefly are shortly about to enter Elysium where Josh is? Because I'm looking forward to Josh meeting Gauge in character. I think it's hilarious that Gauge's intellectual "soul mate" is the homely little human science nerd.

johntfs
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 am

Gauge would probably high-five you because you're proving his point. However, since you are dealing with Invictus and elders on top of that, I think you're more likely to be Dominated into forgetting you said that and starting the conversation over to where they hand you that bit of information along with the file.

Rolling Eyes

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:58 am

What I enjoy about Josh's action is the idea that the little human kid who neither knew nor cared that Frost even existed before that moment just read the report, looked up and basically said "You know that almost everything you "knew" about this situation is wrong, right?" Which I'm hoping leads to all the various Kindred smacking their foreheads and giving forth a "D'oh!" in acknowledgement.

johntfs
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:22 am

I think it's neat that you're the only one besides me who is going under the presumption he's not dead. If you read some of Gauge's older posts over on RPOL, Gauge pointed out to several Carthians that he in fact, doesn't believe that Frost is dead. If it was him, and he wanted to swoop in and knock out the Invictus with a 1-2 sucker punch combo, the first thing he'd do is disappear for a while and let somebody else take the heat for a while.

If things go bad for the Carthians, well Frost is already "dead" so he's blameless. If the Carthians do particularly well, then obviously he was behind their action the whole time, guiding their actions from the shadows.

What he's not counting on is that Gauge is smart enough to see that. If Frost tries to come back from hiding like a badass elder and claim any of the Carthian's success as his own doing... well... well he's already "dead" and nobody's going to miss him.

OOC Chat - Page 3 15977

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:28 am

I'm not really concerned about his specific reaction to Josh and am playing it from Josh's perspective that the police report was more of a test of Josh's observational skills than anything else. After all, surely a bunch of powerful Kindred wouldn't have missed something as obvious as the lack of bullets, right? That said, from what I understand, almost everyone involved in this storyline has been playing it from the perspective that Terrel Frost was murdered and is, in fact, dead. Thus the various players (both PC and NPC) have been taking actions (trying to avenge his death, investigate the murder, avoid blame for the murder, etc) based on the idea that's he's dead.

The idea that he's not dead and has either faked his death for his own reasons or is being held against his will by an as yet unknown third party could be a very interesting bit of information to say the least.

Last edited by johntfs on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total

johntfs
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:55 am

Well you have to understand, the Regent has people to do what you're volunteering to do here. You're in association with a Mage powerful enough for him to not just shove you aside, but otherwise haven't offered him anything he'd care about. Your performance in the investigation is an opportunity to get his attention. But at the moment, to him, it's just a way to get you out of the way. So his immediate reaction might not be what you hope.

Penny, go ahead and join Mortannis and Bahriel in the "Needful Things" thread, starting from this post.
https://wdgames.rpg-board.net/in-character-f20/needful-things-camille-t135.htm#2774
You have Sophie with you, and won't be in immediate contact with the other players yet unless you go inside the building.

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by johntfs Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:13 pm

My eagerness for a response doesn't come from a delay. Mostly I think I spotted something kind of cool about the mystery of Frost's "death" and I really want to see the reaction to that. Either that or my character has completely missed something very obvious and will shortly look rather foolish. I just want to find out which.

johntfs
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:42 am

I usually try to do it in order of oldest thread first. I'm booked for today, but I can post for you tomorrow. After that I really need to get caught up on the other games I'm a part of here. By the way, much as I hate to admit it, I do respond to a kick in the ass once in a while, especially if I've accidentally overlooked someone.

This kind of works out though. With Crow's player back, your scene could be a little more interesting. Mortannis... sorry about the major 'inconvenience' headed your way, I really didn't think you were coming back. Yeah, I think we should talk about the future of that character.

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:12 am

I have the same problem as josh Sad I'm always waiting to get a response to my posts while other people get several in a day. I think my character is just too radically righteous for people to cope with, so they need it in small doses. Yes, that must be it
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next