Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Third and Goal - Natalya

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Third and Goal - Natalya Empty Re: Third and Goal - Natalya

Post by Penny Dreadful Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm

Ekaterina inclined her head slightly and said "Your hospitality is most welcome. You will receive the same at my hands if ever you enter into my domain."

She started walking to number 13, looking down over where LA high society was congregating.
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:40 pm

Natalya nodded to Tera, the eyes meeting with a mutual understanding. "Number 13 it is" She always enjoyed her times at clubs, more from the mutual game that men and women played to attract their mates than enjoyment of the music. Her own tastes were quite eclectic. She moved over to see the denizens of the club below. She could see that the people in the room below were movers and shakers in mortal society. She wondered how Dragon could afford to have such an elite clientele. She looked amused as she walked gracefully to catch up with Ekaterina and the others.

"We can provide you with your food."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Ekaterina didn't look too pleased about the idea of having to wait here indefinitely, but said nothing more about it. When the doors opened she grimaced at the sound of the music, but again didn't comment.

"I could do with a drink or two, but I am not hungry enough to play the cat and mouse game just now."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:14 pm

The doors opened. You were met with a thumping bass that you felt as much as you heard, but that didn't say much. Whoever designed the sound layout of this place was careful enough to remind the special VIPs that they were in a club, but also to give them whatever privacy they needed by remaining strictly in the background. Stepping through you came to a podium where a single doorman should have been, but instead of being by the door, there was noone to be found. Stepping through, you were on a wide hallway-like floor that went straight ahead and to the left. On the innermost 'wall' you seen a payne of glass that went to about waist level. It was topped off with a brass railing. It overlooked the entire club below. Evenly spaced along the perimeter wall were a series of well polished brass doors. Each had a keycard on the wall next to it. Along the far wall you seen another set of elevator doors. It must be through them that you went downstairs.

Stepping out of the elevator, Tera rushed the railing. She sniffed and leaned over the edge, peering down below. You somehow got the metaphoric image of her being a cat watching a fishbowl. "We're here. That elevator over there goes down to the second floor. Security and stairs go down to the first" She looked around quickly, forcing herself to look away from the twenty or so mortals down below. "It looks like we're the only ones up here. Dragon's room is #13. We can take any one we want, but I know he keeps his stocked. It's exclusive here. Kindred only.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:52 pm

Natalya's lips turned upwards in a smirk.

"We'll be here as long as we need to be here....and I think you might find that the security will be more of a help to us should anything be started than a hindrance. There's plentiful food here. We can eat our fill. This place has enough important people that if Tatiyanna chooses to start something here that mundane security should be able to cope."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:06 pm

Ekaterina looked around interestedly. She was mildly curious about what sort of place this was. Obviously it was quite exclusive; perhaps a lounge of some kind. The kind of place where a bloody mary and some celery would run you upwards of $50. Ekaterina would have laughed, had her situation not been so serious. She had little use for places like this. Rich people who bought $200 bottles of vodka here every weekend didn't tend to stay rich very long.

She turned to Natalya. "When will your sire arrive? I do not like the thought of staying in a place like this for very long, because all the effort they put into keeping people out can also be used to keep us in." She was not looking at Tera, mainly to avoid antagonizing the woman further when she was obviously hungry, though it could also be interpreted as a subtle snubbing.
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:35 pm

"Yea, I'm sorry. I'm just starving." Tera growled and slipped her stiletto away. Nice. She was keeping it slid down the side straps of her tanker boots. Looking at the cars you noticed two unique ones. The first was a Skyline Blue Nissan Skyline*. This car wasn't the kind of car you would expect to see as a rare or unique item, but the fact was, it was the rarest of the rare for Japanese sportscars. The other car that was unique and caught your attention was wine colored Aston Martin^.

Once you answered Tera, she slid her card into the slot. A few seconds later the elevator door dinged open. The card thing spit back out the card. When Tera grabbed the card, a timer on the inside of the elevator counted down from 10. When everyone got inside the elevator and the 10 second timer counted down there was an ominous long wait. Tera turned over her shoulder and sort of paced in the elevator. She clenched her fists in and out.

Then the elevator's door opened. Tera looked around and stepped out first. Ahead of you was a narrow, long hallway that ended in double doors. The walls were a deep, rich red color with golden tapestries hanging in key locations. Set into tiny alcoves along the hall were ornamental dragon figures. Spaced evenly between the dragons and the gold tapestries were Chinese calligraphy characters. Tera looked at everyone and led the way. "When we get to the security on the otherside, we can explain the situation about bringing Vera. I doubt there will be a problem though since we have Owner's access."

* = http://www.desktoprating.com/wallpapers/car-and-motorcycles-wallpapers-pictures/nissan-skyline-wallpaper.jpg

^ = http://www.carforums.net/reviews/makes/pictures/astonmartin01.jpg

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:13 pm

"Tera, just think on how pissed Dragon would be if you killed Ekaterina. You might not like her, but bite it and deal with it later."

Natalya made sure she was between Tera and Ekaterina the whole time they were out of the car. She looked over the models of expensive cars a pang of regret that her own was stuck in the Chantry's parking garage.

Natalya looked around. It was too quiet. "We go in now. Use your card to invite Ekaterina inside. We're much safer inside the club than outside."
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:03 pm

When Ekaterina got mouthy, Tera immediately yanked a stiletto from somewhere. She made a jab with it in the Tzimisce's direction through the console into the back seat. She missed. It was mostly for effect. "Listen bitch, I don't trust you and I don't like you. I will stab you!" It took a second of calming down, but that's right about the time you arrived, so...

Midnight Neon was a neat little corner spot. It was a large three story building that looked like a warehouse, but not an old one. Now this was more the corporate warehouse look with steel and glass opposed to mortar and brick. It was well lit up with big lights flashing into the sky. A huge fountain out front depicted a massive tree raining down water. In the bottom of the three foot fountain one could see koi.

Yet, there was no apparent entrance or parking. Enters the VIP part. Those who were members and not just passing by knew that by driving behind the big fountain you could go down a service ramp that led to a large underground parking lot. Once the car was parked, everyone got out. In spite of the bright lighting and two or three dozen cars of all expensive make and model, there was an ominous feeling that went down everyone's spine while they silently adjusted themselves like they were being watched.

There was only one entrance into Midnight Neon, and it was through a large set of double doors in the back corner of the parking lot. Next to the double doors was a single slot and electronic punch button code that looked like something out of a government spy movie. Tera glared at Ekaterina as the three of you came to the doors. "Alright Natalya, you're call. Do we wait, or do we go in now?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:23 am

Ekaterina gave Tera a condescending look, and for a moment a bit of pride and haughtiness shone through her anxiety and fear. "You do that", she said.

Turning her attention back to the front, she said:"I have never heard her speak of this Midnight place, but that doesn't mean she does not know about it or have it under surveillance. My Sire is not someone to keep all of her eggs in one basket, so it would be wise to assume she does have the place watched."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:05 am

OOC: To read Dragon's reply to what Natalya said on the phone, follow up in his thread. Very Happy

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Natalya glared at Tera as they pulled up outside the nightclub. She reached into her bag for her mobile. She looked around the mirrors.

"Does Tatiyanna know about this place? Does she have it under surveillance?" she asked as she dialled the number for Dragon.

She heard the phone ring out. "Dragon, meet us at Midnight Neon as soon as you possibly can. See if Tyler's available and bring him along too. We've found....someone who claims to be Tatiyanna's childe looking for asylum and protection from her in return for information on all of her activities in the city. I gave her a provisional yes and advocate we take her up on her offer." Natalya also let Dragon know if Ekaterina thought the club was under surveillance. "We're going to take her inside for the time being. Call the club, we might need an extension on the one guest per person rule too. I was intending on meeting Vera here to invite her to join my coterie."

She listened for any comments or questions dragon wanted answered immediately.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Tera sat in the front seat. She glared bloody daggers at Natalya for even suggesting that Ekaterina would go to Midnight Neon. She even looked at you with a "WTF?" Expression. Instead of saying anything she looked in her backseat at Kat. She had plain disdain on her face. "I've got my eyes on you."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:18 pm

As it turned out, she knew only the superficial details of the interpersonal relationships of most of the Cainites in Los Angeles. She usually knew who was who's childe and which coterie they belonged to, but it was obvious that this was book knowledge, gained by memorizing facts, not through interacting with any of these people. She knew most of the details about Jennifer of course, but anyone listening couldn't help the feeling that Ekaterina had been sent on what was essentially a suicide mission and was now trying to save her own skin and secure some kind of future for herself at the same time.

It's not as if she doesn't have a choice though. She realizes that in approaching her Sire's enemies she's made her choice already, and there can be no turning back from it now.
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:07 pm

"I understand Ekaterina. However I think you might with us, there are always choices. Sometimes the decisions on which choice to make are easier than others....like this one. So what do you know about me and Dragon in particular?" Natalya continued driving along completely 100& within the bounds of the law. She listened intently until they arrived at the club.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:56 pm

"Very well, though if I did leave I doubt I would live long enough for you to claim your boon.

But I do know who you both are. And my fate is already in your hands. Do as you like or deem best. The enemy of my enemy may not necessarily be my friend, but I have little choice in the matter. If there is to be any hope of me regaining a bit of what Tatiyanna took from me, my path runs alongside yours, at least for the time being. And if this Dragon or Tyler want my head, well, like I said, the worst they could do would still seem like a quick and painless end."
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:35 pm

Natalya looked in the mirrors before pulling off into traffic (using her indicators as proscribed by the California DMV).

"Welcome to our little band Ekaterina. I can't promise anything at the moment. We need to introduce you to a few people. I can say I will be arguing in favor of your protection and if it should come to the Final Death. I will make it painless for you. You must have been the Jennifer Tatiyanna sent. You were very good. You had me fooled. Don't think I've been any more jealous in my life." she looked back in the mirror as she drove towards the club. "You already know I'm Natalya. This is Tera....my sister. We'll arrange for Dragon or Tyler to meet you at the club and decide where things will go from there. At any point up to the arrival of Dragon or Tyler you may leave if you feel uncomfortable, in return for a boon. After they arrive, your fate is in their hands. Acceptable?"
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:12 pm

"My name is Ekaterina Kayakova. As I'm sure you know, or at least suspected, I am a childe of Tatiyanna. I do her bidding in what ever form she needs me to. At least until tonight. Tonight I fear I blundered quite badly and I have no wish to face what ever horrors she has in store for me for failing to achieve an impossible task. I come to you because I believe you to be reasonable individuals who will at least hear me out, rather than tear me to shreds on the spot. And also, I know that if you choose to make me meet the Final Death, whatever you do to me will be quick and painless compared to what Tatiyanna has in store for me. And she might not even do me the mercy of letting me die afterwards.

As for things you need to know right now, none of it is so urgent that you'd need to know it this precise minute. But rest assured I will answer all of your questions once I have your word that you and your group will protect me from my Sire"
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Natalya nodded as the woman stretched her hand forward. She leaned forward licking the tip of the finger with her tongue. She savored it slowly on her tongue, rolling it across her tongue like a favoured wine. She took a few moments before opening her eyes.

"So....who are you and is there anything I need to know immediately?" her head turned to Tera "We're taking her to Midnight Neon." her voice said she would not accept any arguments from her.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:42 pm

Ekaterina didn't need telling twice. She got in the back seat next to Tera and slammed the door. She gave Tera a sidelong glance, but quickly turned her attention back to the person who seemed more willing to talk.

"You will have to pardon me if I'm not all that familiar with your ways." she said, seeming a bit calmer now and not talking so fast anymore. "I don't know what you want a drop of my blood for, but if that is all it takes to convince you..." She shrugged and bit her index finger so a droplet of blood clung to the tip of it, which she held out to Natalya.
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Tera looked at Natalya like she was smoking crack when she told Ekaterina to get into the car. She looked like she wanted to strangle her, at least for the moment. Instead, while Natalya took control of the situation, she went back to talking to Vera on the phone. It was a real quick comment, perhaps not even four seconds. Then she hung up. Tera looked into the backseat, and was peering intently at the new kindred claiming to have information about Tatiyanna.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Natalya was distracted from her building argument with Tera by the tapping on the roof. She caught a glimpse of the approaching figure in her wing mirror. The window slowly withdrew into the door as the motor hummed. Natalya was not prepared for the sight that greeted her. She looked the woman up and down assessing her with cool eyes. Only a moments hesitation before she spoke.

"Get in" Natalya hoped the woman was on the level. She would prove decisive in the conflict to come. She opened the rear door behind her. As soon as the girl was seated, Natalya looked up in the mirror. "First thing. We need a drop of your blood." Her eyes were firm. Only a true convert would be willing to give a Tremere a drop. Natalya watched the woman coolly for her reaction, any hesitation might mean she was still working for Tatiyanna or was just an imposter.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny Dreadful Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:01 pm

Ekaterina walked up to the car quickly and quietly and tapped her nails sharply on the roof, as if knocking. She was dressed in a long, dark, embroidered skirt with matching corset that makes most people look like socially awkward teenagers trying to be wiccans, but it suited her somehow. She looked to be in her early 30's, not unattractive, with long dark brown hair and brown eyes. At the moment she looked anxious, her eyes were darting all around the the area as if she was afraid of being followed.

"I have a proposition for you.", she said, speaking quickly in a thick eastern european accent without giving either of the ladies in the car a chance to speak. "I know you're planning to go after the Tzimisce Tatiyanna Kozlinski, and I have information that could prove quite valuable to you if you intend to destroy her."

She barely look breath, speaking very fast so it was hard to understand what she was saying, determined that she should get it all out. "I have intimate knowledge of her haven, brood, connections, and plans, which I promise to share with you in exchange for protection from the Tzimisce."

She stopped then, taking deep calming breaths, the the tension obvious in her eyes as she waited for a reaction.
Penny Dreadful
Penny Dreadful
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by purplegeekness Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:26 pm

Natalya rolled her eyes once more at Tera. Tera was being deliberately obtuse. First telling her that Vera would not be allowed in the club and then suggesting she could invite her in as a guest. It was what natalya was expecting to have to do in the first place. Most of the clubs she was invited to had a rather restricted members list.

"Why don't you suggest she wear high end clubbing gear.....unless you've also misled me about that...."

Natalya stared at Tera directly in the eyes.

"Is something wrong?" she asked pointedly.

OOC:2 successes on the perception thingy.
purplegeekness
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:36 pm

Tera watched your expression and mouthed the words "I'm Sorry!" as she took the phone back. "Hey! Veronica! It's me again. Listen, Tera has never actually been to Midnight Neon before. I didn't know this, but I thought she was. My bad! It's all good though. We'll make it work!" Tera looked at you and shrugged but nodded happily at apparently, what Vera was saying on the other end. Tera continued to chat with Vera for another few seconds then looked up...

OOC - Roll Perception + Alertness at difficulty 6

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next