Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Would You Like to See?

Go down

Upcoming Features!

What Would You Like to See? Endcap100%What Would You Like to See? Endcap11 0% 
[ 0 ]
What Would You Like to See? Endcap10100%What Would You Like to See? Endcap11 100% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

What Would You Like to See? Empty Re: What Would You Like to See?

Post by Claymore Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:27 pm

I've added a button to the roller that allows you to view the results of your most recent roll, even if you close the window first. Haven't gotten to adding it to the post it pertains to yet, but at least you don't have to worry about accidentally closing the results alert before copying them anymore.

The only limitations on this feature are, you must ahve cookies activated, and it only works for 24 hours after that roll has been made. I can increase that time if anyone asks, very easily. I just figured 24 hours would be more than enough time.

I've also adjusted the homepage redirect so that people who don't have Mozilla only have to be bothered with the error message once.. ever. It also completely deactivates the new features in that instance, to avoid some major glitches that would otherwise occur.

Limitations on that are, you have to sign in at least once a week, or else the error message will come simply back again. The reason for that is, when you hit 'cancel' it writes a cookie to your machine that the message initially looks for before being displayed. If it finds it, it doesn't display.

But it's not possible to make a cookie that never expires, so I made one that lasts for a week. If the program finds it, not only does it keep the error from being displayed, it also resets that cookie for another week. Again, I can extend this time if necessary.

EDIT:
Well I thought I had that part working, apparently not. Shutting the whole thing down now till I manage to fix it. Standby...

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-26

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=15037

Back to top Go down

What Would You Like to See? Empty What Would You Like to See?

Post by Claymore Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:08 pm

I've been thinking up a bunch of features and mods I'd like to add to this site, but it's all a bit too much to do all at once.

Now the character selection is something I knew everyone would want. And the double-text is something that I personally wanted, and was simple enough to just mess around with while in class. But as for everything else, I want some idea of what you all would actually be interested in to decide what order I work on things.

I'm going to work on all of these eventually. But vote on what you'd like to see done first, and I'll do them in whatever order the poll shows. Feel free to add comments here though, or ideas for something not on the list.

At the moment, my next projects are already going to be integrating the player avatar selection into the character screen, effectively replacing the current avatar tap in your profile, and not making it necessary to manually delete your current avatar to get the character ones to work. After that, I'm going to add a button to the dice roller so you can recall your results if you close the alert box before copying them. And then of course is my VtM sheet generator that I took a brake from.

VtR-ST

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-26

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=15037

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum