Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GENERAL CHAT THREAD

+12
Penny Dreadful
Marselle Qin
Beta
Elizabeta
Richbo
Dice Master
Claymore
purplegeekness
Phunnboi
dejavue
Jedi_Master_007
Ac1ds0ld13r
16 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 19 Empty Re: GENERAL CHAT THREAD

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:19 pm

Purple, check your inbox.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:34 am

Hey cool, when did I get changed to blue? Also, I added a poll. I did it for two reasons. I want some feedback, and I wanted to test and see if I could set one up alright without any problems. Suffice to say it's as easy as I thought.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:52 am

"If a being drinks, three times, on three separate nights, from the same Kindred, she falls victim to a state known as the blood bond." p.218 Revised Corebook. Razz

Further the bit on the next page.

Basically, Tyler would have a hard time not wanting to be around Natalya / Gina, but thats about as far as it goes with 1 step bond. A willpower point a night should be sufficient to shrug it off until the affects fade.

In any cause the point is moot. I've been careful with the posting and Tyler hasn't drank from anyone yet (and he won't). A drink is typically defined as a full blood point's worth. Tyler isn't coming anywhere near that substantial of an amount from either of them. Razz

Anyway, Im off to work I should be home around 4 or so to do some more posting.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:46 pm

By drinking from a blood bound kindred you indirectly blood bond yourself to their master since that kindred is presumably, always working in the best interests of their master. So if you like Natalya because you drank from her, and her loyalty towards her sire is unwavering, then by connection, you're going to like her sire too, since anything you do for her is not going to be something you know will get her in shit with her own sire.

See how blood bonds are a bitch?

That's why they're a 4 point flaw.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Admittedly the HTML sheet is a project of my own to mainly see if I can do it. After playing around with code here, I dont know if it can be done the way I want.

As for posting... Well, if you remember me and you went back and forth with Edge and Cash before you went to work for a few rounds. Razz Purple, Deja and me did the same thing last night.

Tyler will not be dumb enough to get himself blood bound to Dragon. Mainly because he would have to share blood with Dragon, which is something Tyler wouldn't do.

Thats about it. Ill be getting around to posting at some point.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:42 pm

The problem I see is that making an html sheet while nice, is a lot of extra work that for the time being, we don't need to do. Why don't we just kiss, and follow white wolf's old school method.

Name: Kyoko Kyembogabi
Nature: Thrill Seeker
Demeanor: Rebel
Clan: Brujah
Generation: 8th
Embrace Date: Unrevealed

Attributes: Str 4, Dex 5, Sta 4, Chr 5, Man 3, App 4, Per 4, Int 3, Wits 5

Abilities: Alertness 4, Athletics 5, Brawl 5, Dodge 4, Empathy 2, Intimidation 5, Leadership 3, Streetwise 4, Subterfuge 2, Animal Ken 2, Crafts 1, Drive 3, Etiquette 1, Firearms 0, Melee 4, Performance 3, Stealth 4, Survival 1, Academics 1, Computer 1, Investigation 2, Linguistics 2, Medicine 1, Occult 2

Backgrounds: Allies 3, Contacts 3, Reputation 5, Resources 2, Police Influence 1, Street Influence 1, Herd 2

Disciplines: Celerity 5, Potence 5, Fortitude 5, Presence 3, Auspex 2, Animalism 1, Dominate 1, Burning Wrath

Virtues: Conscience 4, Self Control 2, Courage 4

Humanity: 6

Willpower: 6

Merits & Flaws: Catlike Balance, Danger Sense, Magic Resistant, Unbondable, Clan Hatred (Tremere), Overconfident, & Vengeful

Inventory: $61.25 in cash, throw-away cellphone, Kawasaki Ninja

Brief History: Bla, Bla, Bla, everyone knows Edge is a badass Brujah Anarch who is extremely well known by Anarch, Elder, and Sabbat alike.

Role-Playing Hints: Be Badass. Act Badass. Look Badass, and more importantly, do badass things. No, seriously. Your constant success and proven invulnerability has gone to your head. You're the queen of Fight Club and have a long laundry list of fights you've won, and this gives you respect wherever you go. The fact Clan Assamite admits to owing you a life boon just gives you the option to play around at whatever you want without drawing any negative heat - including an alleged tryst with longtime enemy Archon Tyler Crown.

The tough chick thing isn't an act. It started out that way, but after acting so long, something eventually becomes second nature. When it's second nature, how long until it becomes your primary nature? Edge is very dominant and dynamic. She gets attention everywhere she goes and even though she usually avoids involving herself in conflict, the storm always follows her. Just once she'd like for everyone to not know who she was so that she could try to do something different, like visit an Elysium without being barred at the door.

We wouldn't need to do anything except post a reply like that in the description of each NPC. Would we?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:42 am

Wow. Like 20 posts while I am gone at work, and not a single one of them is an update to any of my threads.

I'm sensing that play needs to be stopped until that gets fixed. Crying or Very sad

In all seriousness though, I'm hoping Tyler is dumb enough to blood bond himself to Dragon. Twisted Evil That would be funny. I'm posting now.

Oh, and for anyone whose watched the Watchmen, check out this month's Maxim. Hell yeah.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:32 am

Ok, I might have a permanent solution to this sheet thing (and I'll peronally be handling all of the conversions so no worries there).

I'm looking to see if theres a way (and there is just gotta figure out how) to make an HTML sheet we can post here. Once thats done we can simply change the fields we need changed and everything will stay the same. No more formatting no more screwy columns. Just nice, neat, info with a sheet customized to TBLA. Smile

As for the PM button: I AM still working on those buttons but theyre turning into a major pain in the as since I cant remember how I did the first ones. If I natively make them that small the quality plummets and the text is simply unreadable. So, itll be something simple. Until that time I'd get in the habit of checking your PMs daily along with the updates thread. Its what I do. Smile
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:55 pm

I'm too cool for the chatbox, too cool for the chatbox, too cool for the chatbox.
I'm too cool for the chatbox, too cool for the chatbox, too cool for the chatbox, yeah.

No

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:28 am

Working on the PM thing Smile

I basically got to make a new button to show when there is a PM there.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:13 pm

I agree with that. Let's PM Ac1d telling him to fix it and see if it works. GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 19 15977

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunnboi Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the PM Jedi, I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't. I think when it highlighted a different colour it was better. Just my lil input What a Face

Phunnboi
Player
Player

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:21 am

Phunny: I responded to your PM.

Claymore: That was probably your best post ever as that character. +1 exp.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunnboi Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:03 pm

Well I am working on a second character. His background is coming along and I do have some things I wanna throw by you naturally. I'll PM you though.

Phunnboi
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:53 pm

I hate only having a post or two... well, only one. I can respond to Phunny.

I am otherwise waiting on Claymore and Ac1d.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunnboi Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Well the changes sure do look nice man. I haven't gotten through much of it yet, just had a quick scan. I do wanna have a good read of those Story Bucks, I didn't really get them when I last read them and was meaning to ask for clarification about them and their use.

Phunnboi
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:22 am

Ok guys, massive changes to how the Mandatory Reading Forum looks (its now a category) and we made a few changes to the rules

Please take a bit of time to troll through it and get familiar with how it all works. Smile

We also got another player today. KK. And Mo has taken the first steps into making her character.

Hopefully we'll be able to get them up to speed and get them running soon. Very Happy

Touching on the updates again: Seriously everyone needs to look through everything. A lot of the data is the same, but the new stuff should be easy to pick out and its very important. Also gives everyone the opportunity to access another character creation set instead of the posted default. Smile
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:14 am

Wow! Thankies!
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:10 am

Kim, your last post for Gina was one of your best ones for her in a long time.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:51 pm

HTML was enabled, which should have enabled Javascript... Since Im messing around with it:

<html>
<h>
<script type="text/javascript">
function HelloWorld()
{
myname = prompt ("Whats your name?", "");
alert ("Hello " + myname);
}
</script>
</h>
<body>

<a href="javascript:HelloWorld()">Hello</a>

</body>
</html>

EDIT: Hrmm that didnt work

Last edited by Ac1ds0ld13r on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunnboi Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:15 pm

Sorry about the rest of the maps comming slow, but RL is slamming me. Work and looking for new work, trying to get into school, and doing 5 years worth of taxes. I hope you can understand why the maps haven't been coming too fast....LOL

So West Coast Steel are a bunch of Werewolves eh? Well I didn't picture Nathaniel offering the bodies and souls of some Garu up to his Dark God Set. But ya play with what yur delt eh?

Phunnboi
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:24 pm

Muawhaahahahahaha!

I finally uploaded West Coast Steel into the photos. For those of you (everyone besides Phunny basically) who are unaware of who and what West Coast Steel is, it's now an antagonist.

...In play.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:29 pm

She's a new player. Ac1d told her to post that there.

Phunny... you going to finish off the maps? Having 3 or 4 of them is nice, but it'd be better to have them all so I can upload them here and complete their section in the locations thread. Very Happy

I've also posted some stuff all over.

I'm also posting in the IC thread soon.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phunnboi Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:06 pm

Looks to me as though someone might have confused the OOC thread with the IC thread...lol

Phunnboi
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

GENERAL CHAT THREAD - Page 19 Empty Mo

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

She splashed water on her face and grabbed a towel from the dispenser, wiped her face, crumpled the towel and tossed it in the basket. She placed her hands on either side of the cracked porcelain sink and leaned forward to examine her image in the dingy mirror of the gas station bathroom. The dim light was not enough to hide the truth; the storm inside was showing on her face, her body. Her bright blue eyes that once danced in the light were now clouded over; her full lips held taught were in stark contrast to the easy smile they once formed. She applied the dregs of her pink lip gloss and wondered if the girl from six months ago was still in there, somewhere. She took a deep breath and shook out her long black hair, smoothed it out and arranged it in a knot at the back of her head tucking the shorter tendrils behind her ears. It felt as if the years of her life had been warm like summer and in a few brief moments winter had tightened its gasp and refused to set her free. She turned her body to the side and pulled her white ribbed tank top up, glancing in the mirror she grazed her abdomen with the palm of her hand. Her usually soft, athletic body had become thin, her ribs were becoming visible. She had once loved to prepare meals, loved to eat but nothing had any taste anymore, all was grey. She lowered her shirt again, tucked it into her jeans, buckled her belt buckle then, out of habit, stuck her thumbs in her pockets and tugged downward in a quick motion. She always preferred her jeans low on her hips. From her messenger bag on the floor she pulled out a long cobalt blue silk scarf. It was thin, worn from years of use and wrinkled from being stuffed in her bag but she didn’t care it was like a piece of her; a tangible soundtrack. She wrapped it around her neck and tied it in the front. She lifted the messenger bag off the floor, adjusted the strap across her body and positioned it on her right hip. She grabbed her leather, his leather, off the back of the bathroom door and put it on. It was heavy on her small frame. She pulled the collar up high on her cheeks and held it there with her hands and closed her eyes. A moment later she opened them, shook her head and quickly wiped the tears from her eyes. “Not now girl, not here” she told herself. She steeled her spine, flipped the lock on the bathroom door and flung it open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next