Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REWARD SYSTEMS

Go down

REWARD SYSTEMS Empty REWARD SYSTEMS

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:06 pm

STORYBUCKS

One of the coolest things that has ever come out of a game Hydro ran was the system for Storybucks. Enjoy:

OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF - Like the topic says, this is other important stuff to know. Right now, I'm covering Storybucks. What are Storybucks? Good question and I am glad you asked.

Storybucks - Storybucks are like bonus experience points or extra credit. You can spend them to do things like ask for ST hints or advice during the middle of a scene, roll extra dice, learn advanced disciplines, powers, or other abilities at a quicker rate, raise backgrounds during downtime, get some otherwise unavailable equipment or inventory, or even break one of my normally unbreakable character creation rules.

What you can't do with them is spend them like regular experience for your character.

Storybucks will be awarded at my discretion, but the most likely methods are going to be participating in my contests and taking my quizzes, which you'll find at the end of this thread. As I develop this idea further, I will build a list depicting Storybucks costs. As of right now, after a pow-wow with the other semi-st floating around here, this is the list of what you can do with your Storybucks.

EVENT STORYBUCKS REQUIRED
ST HINT 05
EXTRA ROLL 10
+1 EXP 10
8TH GEN CHARACTER 20
PLAY AN ELDER* 150
BY A NEW BACKGROUND 15
INCREASE A BACKGROUND TO LEVEL 2 20
INCREASE A BACKGROUND TO LEVEL 3 40
INCREASE A BACKGROUND TO LEVEL 4 80
INCREASE A BACKGROUND TO LEVEL 5 160
GET OUT OF FINAL DEATH FREE CARD** 1500

* Storyteller restrictions will apply.
** Can only be used once per character.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-22

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

REWARD SYSTEMS Empty MODERATOR & STORYTELLER STATUS

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:54 pm

When you look at the Character Creation Topic you'll notice that there are different Freebie amounts available for those with Moderator Status and Storytellers. This allows you to create characters more potent than your standard starting PC. So, how do you get those statuses? Well, below I've outlined things we look for for both situations as well as some general guidelines once you have earned those positions and their responsibilities.

Getting Moderator Status:

To become a Moderator is relatively simple. Be active. Very active. Bring new players to the game. Participate in the OOC and IC threads often, and help promote an active site in general. Once your post count gets high enough and we feel you've set a precedent for being an active, responsible, member of the community we may, if you are interested, bestow Moderator Status upon you. Moderators are responsiblities include:

• STing freeform & non-critical scenes between players and NPCs.
  • Insuring there are no violations of the forumotion.com Terms of Use within our posts, and chatbox; then taking corrective measures when they are discovered.
  • Attracting new players to TBLA and the other games we host.
  • Generally assisting the Admins with maintaining the Forum and reporting any problems with broken features.
  • Assisting new members in finding their way around TBLA and with any questions they have.

Thats really about it. Now, we will handle abuses of Moderator privileges harshly. Those who we find are abusing their priviliges as Moderators will find their status revoked, their PCs created using the Mod Creation Rules stripped of the extra Freebies (usually in the form of removing dots from Attributes and Disciplines at our discretion) and, if the offense is bad enough, banned from the site! Obviously, we do not want to do that. So it is important Moderators are level headed and can be objective and fair.

Getting Storyteller Status:

The easiest way to get Storyteller Status is to request a Forum for a game you want to run. I'll (Ac1d) will be as accomodating as possible with honoring requests for Forums for other games (they do NOT have to be Vampire: The Masquerade, or even White Wolf published games), but they must not violate the TOU of forumotion.com. The next way to get it is to volunteer as Jedi and my game grows to a point beyond what we can reasonably handle on our own.

Volunteer Storytellers need to have:

• At a MINIMUM have access to the Revised Corebook and Player's Guide!
  • A proven record of high quality posting and familiarization with the systems.
  • See The Moderator section above.

Requested Game Storytellers need to have:

• Whatever source material they need to run their game (if any)
  • A knowledge of the forumotion TOU and the Rules for Posting on TBLA
  • An outline of how they wish to organize their game submitted to Ac1ds0ld13r.
  • Request the game be set up (including whatever dice you will need (if any) by Ac1ds0ld13r

Again, remember none of the games can violate the TOU of forumotion.com. Violations will be deleted and a warning issued to that ST via PM to moderate their games more closely. Failure to do so may result in the deletion of the game, revoking of your ST / MOD status, and possibly a ban from TBLA.

Typical Game Set Up Includes

[list][*] A Forum or Category (pending size and scope of game) for game play and organization.
[*] Dice roller configured as needed for the game.
[*] A GROUP set up for players of that game to participate and view the necessary Topics.
[*] Moderator Status Assigned to the Storyteller for that game, and ownership of the group.

Other things can be requested and I'll do my best to accomodate those requests.

Please note requests for Galleries, customized CSS stylesheets, etc... will be honored, but once we start to run out of storage space it will likely be required that the Storyteller of that group make a donation to TBLA so we can increase our file storage size or enable necessary features to accomodate everyone. This will be explained in detail when necessary and a DONATE button will be activated at that time. Until then I will do my best to accomodate all requests.

CURRENTLY DONATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED FOR GALLERIES.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-22

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum