Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice vs. the Law

2 posters

Go down

Justice vs. the Law Empty Re: Justice vs. the Law

Post by Claymore Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Gwen wasn't as easy a catch as Sophie. After you stated your price, she laughed and passed it up entirely. Yeah... she knew you wanted her.

As you went into more detail about your plan, she really didn't look like she was putting any stock in it. This begged the question, why she was following along anyway with a mere shrug rather than an objection. In any event, after stocking up on a few choice tools for the job, she tossed them in the car and hid one under the seat, just in case.

The trip to Elysium was uneventful, which was good. This wouldn't be a good night to get caught by the po-po when you're carrying enough hardware to take on a small army. Elysium had only a few cars in the lot tonight. This was good. Fewer people means fewer complications.

When you walk up to the ticket booth, what you'd find is a guard inside who'll check your body temp on the UV camera over your head. That's all he needs to see to buzz you in. Beyond that is a desk that connects to that booth window, which no longer has walls surrounding it, a second guard, and metal detectors.

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Number of posts : 315
Registration date : 2009-01-26

http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=15037

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:59 pm

With a heavy sigh, I looked at my blunt. It was my blunt. I looked at Gwen and then back at my blunt. The entire conversation just fell flat on it's face, and probably for the first time all night I was silenced without a word to say. I probably looked like the fat kid who was told by mommy that he couldn't go into the candy store. What the fuck was that shit?

With a smirk, I handed the blunt to Gwen. "Okay...but you gotta show me some skin. I might look like I am joking, but I am serious. This is my special, 'I'm-formulating-a-plan' blunt." No I wasn't serious, and I tried to make my tone show that. On the other hand I was going to hit this. Gwen wasn't like Sophie, just a piece of candy to be gnawed on. No, no, Gwen was a special case. She was meant to be a night long fuckfest. With an ass like hers, it was pretty clear she was the type of girl who you bent over a table. Pulling her hair was a must.

...Anyway, back to what I was doing. "I'm expecting metal detectors. That's why I'm going overkill with bringing metal objects in. It's why I'm wearing steel toed boots, a metal belt buckle, my jacket has metal studs in it, and I've got keys, a handful of change, and a lighter." I smirked like the smartass I was. "So they're going to have a choice, let me go in anyway, even though I'm bleeping the detectors, or I'm going to have to strip down."

I gave Gwen a minute to think about that while she smoked my blunt. I watched her doing it too. "Careful," I said pointing to the cherry. "It's starting to boat. Make sure you turn that bitch." And then, as if I was insulted, I took the shotgun back from her. It was already loaded. I had loaded the shotgun back at the Headquarters. "Honestly, I don't think any kind of attack is a good idea tonight unless we can get lucky and do it all in one swift action. We need to recon and see what's up. I suggest that we show our asses and learn what we can. We have a good time, we make some friends from other covenants, or maybe somebody in the Invictus who has problems from the current leadership. Irwin will probably be pissed for not doing what he wants, but fuck it. I don't work for him, and as long as you're with me, neither do you."

I smiled at Gwen. "You stick with me long enough and I'm going to make you queen of a city." I chucked and reached for my blunt.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:30 pm

She up-nodded at the blunt. "You gonna pass that? It might help what I'm hearing make sense." She started loading the gun. "They wont have to pat us down, there are metal detectors by the door. Drawing the Sheriff into the lobby isn't a bad idea. But if you're going to do that, I still think having someone ready with a scope outside looking in would be a better idea than fending off at least one Knight and the entire building security. The glass is probably bullet-proof, but that doesn't make it invincible. There's one other thing though." She picked up a shotgun and started loading it next. "The AOA isn't rushing just because the iron's hot. If the Invictus get wind that we're putting together an attack on this scale, Elysium is just too obvious a target. Taking out the Sheriff in plain view of other Invictus could will give us away.

And you've got some good points about the movie. But how would the Invictus justify the fact that Victor was a hypocrite or that Craven was actually going to betray the Coven? You've got a good argument for their ideals in there, but none of the Invictus characters were actually honorable."

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:38 pm

"If it was the Carthians who produced it, first the Invictus would've shot it down, right? Especially because at first glance it doesn't show them in a positive light." I flicked ashes off to the side and put the blunt back in my mouth. I hit it in between words. "But think about it. Erase the whole Romeo and Juliet bullshit and look at it from an Invictus point of view. It's a classic example of how you're supposed to listen to the elders, elders are always more badass, and all that shit. The Abomination wasn't even badass enough to face Viktor, and the whole werewolf plot was that they needed him to even have a chance." I took the blunt out of the corner of my mouth after hitting it one more time. I exhaled the smoke away.

"And even more then that, if Lucien would've just known his place and left Sonya alone, or if Selene would've been Kraven's bitch, none of it would've happened in the first place. Not only that, but it's a classic case of what the Invictus believes would happen if their secrets got out... the whole world comes to an end." I nodded sagely at Gwen. Then I handed her a box of .9mm bullet to load the Uzi with.

"No, I ain't exactly planning on shooting anyone in Elysium, but then what I plan and what actually happens ain't always similar." Once again I looked at Gwen seriously. "I'm also going to bet that the Invictus is so uppity on decorum that they'd never dream of actually patting us down and searching us at the door. It would breach etiquette on so many levels that it's just begging for a handful of Carthians to come and kick someone's ass." I shrugged and flicked blunt ashes one more time. I hit it again to keep the cherry alive and then blew the smoke to blow away the rest of the ashes on the tip.

"And if that doesn't work, I'm sure if we cause a big enough disturbance the Sheriff or the Keeper will come see us anyway. If that happens, then we can shoot them and take what we want." I smiled, mostly because I was high, but even if I wasn't high, I'd smile at my plan anyway.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:56 am

She smirked, before what you just said sank in. "That movie didn't exactly show the Invictus in a flattering light. What makes you think it wasn't Carthian propaganda?" She had a look at your recommend gun, and checked to see if it was loaded. "I prefer a shotgun too. But the right tools for the right job... And I wasn't planning on bringing them inside. You're wanting to face off with him inside Elysium, after trying to smuggle weapons past their security?" She stared into you in disbelief, clearly wondering what she got herself into. "Oh yeah... this is gonna go well."

Gwen Crane

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:01 am

"Might have been just a movie, but she was still sexy, with or without the leather catsuit. And lets face it, any badassery she needs to learn, I ooze." Without thinking, I also added my own thoughts about Underworld. "Besides, let's face it... sticking a thumb in the eye of the Invictus after they went through all that propaganda in the movie would just be funny." I nodded twice and hit my blunt.

I smirked at Gwen like she said something retarded when she asked me about a rifle. "Uh... doesn't the name Gauge imply that a shotgun is my preferred weapon of choice?" When she started pulling the weapons at, I myself picked up the Uzi. "I was hoping for an MP5, but an Uzi is just as good. The thing is, that a big rifle won't get past the doors of Elysium, and more importantly, I'm not worried about you helping me out with the Sheriff so much as I am planning on using you to keep the outsider interference to a minimum. So something smaller, like this, that holds a lot of bullets and is extremely reliable, plus concealable, is what I'd go with."

I looked at Gwen to see what she thought. If she was a serious gun runner, she had to know this already. Either that, or she was really inexperienced at situations like I was just about to drag her into. While gauging her response, I ashed the blunt again by blowing the ashes off of the smoldering cherry. Then I hit it once more.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 pm

She smirked. "Of course, he died when he was 30. You didn't say the person had to be alive." She skirted around the 'why' question, and headed over to your bag of goodies to pick out a nice gun. "You don't happen to have a rifle around, do you? He'll be on the defensive real quick if we both accost him. Might be better to have me in position already before you get in his face." She pulled out a couple guns so she could see what was in the bottom of the bag, and lined them up beside it. "You do know that was just a movie, right?"

Gwen Crane

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:38 pm

I moved to the old v8 engined LTD. The car was from the 70s, and it was a bit rustic, but it was a beast on the road and it was a tank to handle. This car came from a time when American Steel meant something. Going through my keys, I found the ones marked for a Ford and used it to unlock the door. It squeaked a long squeak that was probably more of a groan from the car. "Your brother? Why? And no offense, but if you were turned more then a century ago, wouldn't he have died of old age by now?" I hit the blunt really hard again. I exhaled the smoke, ashed it, and then hit the blunt again. "Me? I'd turn Kate Beckinsale. I think she'd be sexy-hot, and if she was turned by me, she'd be badass on principle." Taking the blunt and flicking ashes off to the side, I repaired the boat in it, and hit it again before offering it in Gwen's direction. "What kind of weapon are you packing for this?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:27 pm

She took a good look at her options for wheels, slowly walking around the room before running her hand along the LTD and leaning up against the front of it to talk. She took a long thoughtful pause before answering your question though. "Honestly, I couldn't say. I can think of a few people who's time was too short. But anyone who deserves it wouldn't actually like it, except maybe my brother."

Gwen Crane

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:45 pm

I liked the fact that Gwen was only a Carthian in name, and had it not been for business she'd be an unbound, and told her as much. I was in the same boat, but I didn't offer that information unless she asked. "Everyone always has the advantage. That's what makes us special," I said matter of factly. Once we pulled into my location with my rides and passed through what worked as my security, I closed up the doors behind us and turned on some lights. The workshop was brightly lit. It showed all my cars. The Sentra was there. So was the Eclipse. There was the Honda CRX, the BMW I wished I could unload, the 1972 Ford LTD, and then the busted up Malabu. Parking the Ferarri and then getting out, I turned towards the trunk, popped it, and grabbed the two duffel bags I filled with goodies earlier. Closing it, I moved to the controls of the platform I put it on, and without waiting for Gwen I hit the button to elevate it.

"Which one do you want to ride to Elysium in? And before you ask, I'm raising it on the platform so anybody who might make it this far and think to jack it would also naturally assume it's up on the elevator platform because it was being worked on." I shrugged and looked the room almost in a little paranoid form. Leaving the bags where they were at, I went over to my workbench. Opening the top drawer I opened up a humidor. I pulled out two pre-rolled cigars. One I put in my inner coat pocket. The other I lit with a flameless torch. Ahhh... good old hydroponics weed imported from British Columbia. It rolled the blunt over the flame so it burned evenly.

"Don't worry about what's going to happen at Elysium. Everything will be fine. Trust me." I hit the blunt as hard as I could and held the smoke. Pocketing the lighter again I marched back over to the spot where my bags were and watched Gwen as she moved, also watching which car she picked. "Here's a weird question, but one that will say a lot about you regardless... If you could embrace anyone you wanted... who would it be?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:49 pm

On the way there, you did manage to learn a few things about Gwen. She was embraced by a Gangrel in the 1870s in New Mexico. Her Sire was actually someone she was hunting, but she didn't say why. And her shotgun was older than she is.

There's no boyfriend to speak up, but you got the distinct sense that she fucked the AOA leader, Theo, once or twice before deciding he was too much of a prick. Not being a local, she had no idea what to make of Frost's death because she wasn't familiar enough with the context. From what she heard, none of it added up right. But she didn't care. It was a good excuse to rally against the Invictus, even if they weren't responsible. As for why she's a Carthian, they're really the only Covenant that make any sense to her. She's not religious, and couldn't care less about enlightenment. And the Invictus just piss her off on principal because they keep trying to slap rules on how to spend eternity. She's not actually one to choose violence as a first option. But she's also not one to waste time on things that have already proven to be futile. The world is what it is, and she's not out to change it. She just wants to go her own way.

You almost had the sense that she's a Carthian only through employment. She had a talent for gun-running and a certain sympathy for their cause. But aside from the fact that they're her clients, she'd probably be unbound. But that's the story of most Carthians anyway. They stick together simply because there's power in numbers.

The trip was uneventful. For the trip to your haven at least, you manged to not catch the attention of a traffic cop. As for whether or not your driving was putting Gwen on edge, she was a little hard to read. Either she was fine with it, or she was pretending. She never seemed to take her eyes off the road though.

"They still have the advantage. Building security are just ghouls, but from what I hear, there's enough to get in our way. I'd feel better about this if we could lure him away. I haven't actually been there yet to scope it out, have you?"

Gwen Crane

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:49 pm

The trip to Elysium took longer then I wanted it too. Before things even got off the ground, I took a minute to go over the major details with Sophie. I let her know that Erwin and Penny had some fun lined up for her, and knowing how much she loved her energy and adrenaline, I figured she wouldn't mind actually being useful and getting her claws dirty for once. For as out of character as it was for me, I tried to assure her that everything was working out just fine. This whole thing was part of one of my bigger plans that I couldn't discuss previously because I didn't know if I could trust her or her sire. After all, she might have went and told Alec, thereby messing everything up.

The next part was no less taxing on my brain. I had initially thought to dress for Elysium. I had wanted to put Gwen in a slinky black dress and me in something better suited for Elysium too. That would put a time constraint on things so I decided against it. I also figured it would be easier for me to pick a fight if I looked like someone who was itching to pick a fight. So instead of changing our garments I figured it would be best to keep what we had.

I did change cars though. I sure as fuck wasn't going to let the fuckers who were going to be paying attention to me also see my Ferrari. Fuck that. The car was too important on my future plans to risk it now. Risking the Ferrari would be stupid. One thing I was not was stupid. On the way back to my stash of cars I took a moment to familiarize myself with Gwen a little more. I wanted to know what made her tick. I wanted to know why she was a Carthian, and what she thought of Frost's death. I was curious about all sorts of things, and not just the basic information as to what clan she was and about how old she was either. I wanted to know what she thought about combat and how keen she'd be on bloodshed. All in all I wanted to get a good feel for Gwen and her abilities. I was already liking her because she was able to remain indifferent towards my use of Badass.

As I drove, I made a point of driving fast, weaving in and out of traffic. I was reckless. I was doing it on purpose, but more importantly, it all came naturally to me. I was the Badass Gauge after all. On the other hand, I also wanted to see just how strong Gwen's nerves were. She might have gotten lucky, or maybe she was just into guns, or maybe fights made her all hot and wet between her very nice thighs. But how did she react when the issue was a potential collision at near a hundred miles and hour and the only thing she could do was hold on.

"We're almost there," I said matter of factly as I neared my car storage. "Just switching cars and double checking weapons. I know I already said it, but I'm going to pick a fight. If I can take out the Sheriff and maybe someone else, I'm going for it. If it doesn't feel right then I'm not going to bite. The objective here is to show our asses and take a huge, fat, smelly shit all up in the Invictus piece of cake. If we do need to fuck someone up, make it fast, make it lethal, and more importantly, make sure we get back out. Fuck their Elysium, their rules, and their Etiquette. We're gonna blow that bitch up like a tinder box on the fourth of July anyway. Cool?"

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Justice vs. the Law Empty Justice vs. the Law

Post by Claymore Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:11 am

With Sophie left behind to work out a way to get Penny inside SINless, that left you and Gwen in the car, naturally with the top down, to sort out your plan on the way to Elysium. Gwen ran through what she knew of the layout of the building. The place was pretty much a fortress. Granted, there really isn't anything that can stop a tanker truck, it was designed to stop pretty much anything else. Since she wasn't local though, most of her information was coming second hand from Erwin, and wasn't anything you didn't know or couldn't assume anyway.

Soon after you two got moving, she got a call from Erwin though. He did a quick check to see if Tau would actually be there to night, and sure enough, he and the Knight who recently replaced one of them, Imelda, were still there. He also mentioned that Celeste was there. However she was carried in, and while details were immediately covered up for the time being, his contact in Elysium said she was clearly in no condition to be any concern tonight. Not that you would have been concerned about her anyway.

The Regent and Master of Elysium were also there, as was some kind from BRI who apparently stumbled on the fabled Elysium basement. The Seneschal was due to show up shortly so that the Regent could tend to other matters outside that building. Unlike the Prince and her Seneschal, Kilpatrick and Green were a little less concerned about the practice of not being in the same place at the same time.

Gwen Crane

Last edited by Claymore on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content