Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOUSE RULES

Go down

HOUSE RULES Empty HOUSE RULES

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:15 pm

All threads in this forum, just as in The Generals of New York (TGNY) game are MANDATORY READING. Please read through them carefully and make sure you understand them. If you have any questions please IM me, I'll be happy to help. Most of the Rules information will be the same as TGNY, however as this is not as large of a game in scope please be aware there may be some changes.

THE FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS CLICK ON THE GROUPS BUTTON AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE AND JOIN THE GENERALS' CIRCLE GROUP! THIS WILL BE MY PRIMARY METHOD OF COMMUNICATION WITH ALL PLAYERS. IT ALSO PREVENTS ME FROM HAVING TO HUNT YOU DOWN SHOULD I NEED TO SEND A PM TO EVERYONE REGARDING THE GROUP. THANKS!
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-22

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

HOUSE RULES Empty Re: HOUSE RULES

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon May 11, 2009 9:25 pm

House Rules: These are the official deviations I take from the published material, you're going to want to know this material well as its a little different from what you'll find in the other games.

I. Botches: I don't care how many successes you got if there are more ones (1's) than successes then you botched. Doesn't happen very often, but it makes the threat of a botch a little more meaningful.

II. Fortitude: Fortitude auto soaks any damage that is not aggravated for it's ratings worth. You still have to have and roll Fort to soak aggravated damage.

III. Guns cause lethal damage: I like this rule because I hate when characters load up on swords and end up looking like bad impressions of the Highlander. If you have to pick either the Glock or the Katana, go with the Glock. Also, overages apply as extra damage to firearms damage.

IV. Military Grade Weapons, Dragons Breath, Explosives: Don't ask for them, don't try to start with them, and don't try to make them. I've shot enough machine guns and blown enough stuff up to know that a bunch of angry vampires do not need a 240Bravo (For those of you not in the know that is the successor to the M60) or 88mm Mortar systems.

V a. Experience: YOU are responsible for updating your sheet, keeping track of your EXP, and getting expenditures approved before making any changes to your sheets.
V b.Experience is awarded at the default amount of 1 at a thread's end. ALL "On the spot experience will be awarded when a thread concludes. You can get no more than TWO (2) Experience points per thread.
V c.Expenditures can happen anytime, they take effect at the end of your PC's current IC thread. Only Ac1ds0ld13r can approve EXP expenditures.

VI. Merits & Flaws: Play them or lose them. Simple enough. I keep track of them and try to avoid taking some of the dumber flaws. If you don't know if I'll allow it I probably won't, but ask anyway. A few merits and flaws are banned for different reasons and there's a list under the Character Creation post further down on this thread. No more than 7 points in merits and flaws combined.

VIIa. Dice rolls: Don't make a roll unless a Storyteller calls for it. Sometimes we give out freebies, and if you make a roll before we call for it and do crappy on it, we'll use that roll for your success. Trust me, my case in point: A player wanted some information and rolled without asking me. I was going to give him some information without rolling. However since he rolled (and got 1 success) he got 1 success worth of information, which was substantially less than he would've gotten without it. Just give us a chance to think about it.
VIIb. If your PC ends up in a position where you're not comfortable RPing the problem out, you may call for a roll. If you do so, please wait for an ST to tell you what to do before posting.

VIII. The Rule of Sixes: Roll any amount of dice and get 3 sixes (whether you failed the roll or botched or succeeded, you get +1EXP. The stipulation is this: You can only get this once per roll, and ONLY when you have exactly 3 sixes. EX: You roll 8 dice and get: 4,7,6,6,6,6,6,6. You get no EXP because you have more than 3. OR You roll 8 dice and get: 5,1,1,6,6,6,6,10, you get no EXP because you have more than 3 sixes. Got it? If not ask.

IX. Lightning Causes Lethal Damage: Jedi deviates from published rules here and says Lightning damage causes aggravated damage. I will be returning to published rules with this rule. Electricity of any sort causes lethal damage, but fires set as a result cause aggravated damage.

X. Storyteller Rulings: If I make a ruling that you disagree with for whatever reason and come up with something that works better and doesn't hurt your character or me too much one way or the other I'll try to use it. This is subjective because there are situations where I'm not willing to budge on this issue for many reasons. However I will do my best to explain them. It should be noted I reserve the right to ignore, make, contradict, fudge, blatantly break, any rule I deem necessary to preserve the integrity of the game. I am the Storyteller after all.

XI. DO NOT POST COMPLAINTS CONCERNING AN ST RULING! Plain and simple. There's a thousand different reasons for this but heres a few just in case: If a potential new character sees these arguing posts they may think all we do is argue and not join. Players who have nothing to do with the situation may read the post and offer their opinions: This costs us players, and slows the game down, and causes more problems across the board. You can either email me with complaints or post them to a Private Message to me. More importantly we're all here to have fun, and if we all have to watch a fight between an ST and a Player we're not having fun. This will not be tolerated. You will be docked 5 EXP for the first offense. A second offense will get you BANNED from the game permanently.

XII. Looking Human: If you have a Humanity of less than 6 you MUST spend a BP to Look human i.e. mortal. This is not automatic, and I do not assume you do it. You must tell me you do it. If you are on a Path other than Humanity you CANNOT spend Blood to look Mortal, at all.

XIII. I am WDGames: This forum is owned by me (Ac1d) and run by myself and Jedi. We are the final arbiters with everything. We will be fair, and just, however we expect courtesy, and respect with regard to the intellectual property of others, players in general, and us. Further, violating the TOU for Forumotion.com is a bannable offense. Warnings will be issued via PM and posts may be deleted. Further pushing of our buttons by breaking the rules will result in a site ban or suspension.

XIV. Posting Requirements:2 IN CHARACTER posts a week. Now I'm not a game nazi and understand stuff comes up IRL to prevent this. If something has come up and you cannot meet these requirements send me a PM and we'll work something out. Failure to do so after being warned the first time will get you removed from the game.

XV. Specialties: There are no extra Specialties allowed in this game aside from those related to Attributes, Allies, and certain Backgrounds.

XVI. Dodge: You cannot Dodge at all without this ability and you cannot Dodge more attacks in one turn than your rating in Dodge.

XVII. Vicissitude: I use the following rules for Vicissitude should it come up, and this is only here because my rules for it are drastically different from those used by Jedi in the TBLA game. This comes straight out of the revised core book: When a Tzimisce uses Vicissitude to alter mortals, ghouls, and vampires of higher generation, the effects of the power are permanent; vampires of equal or lower generation may heal these effects as though they were aggravated wounds. Further: From Vicissitude's Bonecraft power and higher, damage inflicted by Vicissitudal weapons is Aggravated just like Wolf Claws, a level two Protean power. Please be aware, this does not mean the creation of melee weapons, but more like bony spurs on the knuckles, etc...

GENERAL GUIDELINES TO STOP ME FROM GOING SHELL ON YOU OR ANYONE ELSE

I. Private Messaging: When you send me a PM please make the subject relevant to what's in it. Only use a separate PM for important stuff like Rules questions, problems, et al. After you're approved if you need to communicate with me, please start a new PM with your new OOC handle instead of using the RTJ one. When getting a character approved, use the same PM for the entire process.

II. I'm Smart, I Promise: Avoid getting nasty with me. I do NOT respond well to it at all. I get down right acidic. If a problem comes up with how I handled or did something, be civil with me and I'll be civil with you. You talk to me like I'm stupid, or get nasty with me, you'll find your time here at TGNY cut dramatically short.

III. Formatting: Player Characters should always be submitted on the provided template.

IN CHARACTER POSTING should not contain unnecessary quotes (for instance, quoting an NPC or PC who posted immediately before you). Obviously there is a little creative licensing allowed, but don't be ridiculous about it. I shouldn't have to read my entire post again to respond to yours. PC SPEECH should be colored. NPCs that are vampires have speech colored with the color used in the The Cast Thread (with a few exceptions). MORTAL NPCS will NOT have colored speech.

IV. Disputes: Arguments are going to happen. I'm cool with that. However I expect everyone to be civil and handle them via Private Message. No insults, no trash talking, no flaming! Keep the dispute on topic and keep it polite. None of us have time to be getting stressed out and pissed off over what happens in a game. If you don't think you can keep it civil wait for me to respond to the PM. If you need ST intervention make sure we get a complete transcript of the PMs so we can respond accordingly. Further, if a dispute does spill over into OOC, the person who initially caused the spill over, and anyone who responded to it will be banned from the site with no questions asked regardless of your intentions. This is a SITE rule, not a game rule and will be enforced across ALL games hosted on wdgames.rpg-board.net. Period. No questions asked. Note: ST intervention is defined as anyone capable of handling the dispute and given the authority to do so by Jedi and myself (Ac1d). Moderators and Storytellers for individual games as well as site Administrators.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-22

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum