Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAME INTRODUCTION

Go down

GAME INTRODUCTION Empty GAME INTRODUCTION

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Wed May 20, 2009 10:35 am

A Twist in the Verse is a Serenity/Firefly RPG game where the characters will take on very similar roles to the cast on the Movie/Show. The ship is an old Alliance military transport that has been decommissioned and then given a second life as a freelance vessel named Tribal Mask. The captain of the ship is Cassidy Cheng, a former Alliance officer attached to the 704th air assault. Captain Cheng is one of 7 of her unit's survivors. Disheartened by the war, Cheng and former Commander Ross Clapton left for the the edges of the Verse. Now, six years later they have a pretty sweet, yet small scale operation.

Tribal Mask's home port is on the small but heavily populated, rocky volcanic planet of Valor Prime. Several trade companies have a stake in the moon, but the Blue Diamond Exchange (BDE) led by Ross Clapton is the most prevalent.

This game will use Serenity RPG rules. Characters will be created standard (as Greenhorns), must be willing to work as a group - or at least socialize on board, and have at least 1 or 2 personal goals. Characters may be passengers or crew on board Tribal Mask, but this is not Serenity. I am not looking for River Tams or Jayne Cobbs, but as as an FYI, I do loves me some cheese. Particularly well done backgrounds may warrant extra consideration with regards to starting equipment or positions on the crew.

I have a few expectations. This is a fairly slow game, maybe a post or two a week. If I get on a roll and post more then that, good, but don't rely on it. Because this may touch on some sensitive material, it is a mature game, so please, leave the truly adult content out of it. Figure PG-13. And finally, have fun. I want everyone to have fun. Cool?

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

GAME INTRODUCTION Empty Re: GAME INTRODUCTION

Post by Jedi_Master_007 Sat May 23, 2009 2:08 pm

Just a little side note to explain my 3 x 3 x 3 thing about Allies, Neutral's, and Unfriendlies. These are additional NPCs that add flavor to your character. It's not mandatory to fill out that section, but I'll add an additional 2 plot points to your if you do. The point of these NPCs is to add storytelling opportunities and to make the game more personal for you the player.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum