Dinner Bell - All Characters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by johntfs on Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:58 am



Despite his usual good nature, Kieron felt a spike of resentment and fear within his guts as the rest of the crew left this decision in his quite unready hands. He toggled the comm unit to respond, again making sure that the rest of the crew (along with, of course, the Count) could hear him.

"All right, as the acting captain of the Ancient Sands, I surrender this vessel," Kieron said his accent thickening from his nervousness, then cleared his throat. "Uh, what do ya'll want us to do now? I ain't never surrendered a ship before and I don't know what to do next 'cept I don't wanna git shot."

johntfs
Player
Player

Number of posts : 130
Age : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Jedi_Master_007 on Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:51 am

"Five seconds." The Count said. If the rest of the crew couldn't get it's act together and wanted to argue with each other as to who was in charge or who was going to surrender it was just going to be a really short day indeed. Someone had to do it and someone had to do it right Gorram now!

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by purplegeekness on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 am

"Ye be sure that be a good idea, Hudak, i got the kinda talking that I'm sure he'd be recognising the instant my voice travels oer the ether. Mayhap the doc be a better talker and I be a better hider of supplies. There ain't no-one knowing the ship better than me.....and I ain't precisely the kind o gal who would be good at talking neither.....that muck savage would be hating me." her eyes looked to Hudak to see if he thought she should still talk. It was true she would have the best interests of everyone on board the ship, but on this occasion she thought the ship might be best served by someone else talking to the count.
avatar
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by gtgauvin on Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:57 am

" Crawlin' 'round in the ducts while gettin shot at by pirates? This day just keeps gettin' better n' better," Phineas says ruefully." Doctor, you got any special requests for what I should oughta bring back? One vial of twelve-syllable chemicals looks just like any other to me."

gtgauvin
Player
Player

Number of posts : 20
Age : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Claymore on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:45 am

OC: Can the rest of us hear Kieron's reply?

Upon hearing the Count's name, a million emotions crossed the doctor's face at once, not least of which being shock and pain. He wasn't about to say anything though. There was no need right then, and all it would do was encourage some inconvenient questions. He did, however, like the sound of hiding in a ventilation shaft and avoiding a face-to-face with his former associate. "Ok", he began, looking to Phineas for confirmation. "I can do that."

Dr. Winston Cross


Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Number of posts : 315
Age : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=15037

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by johntfs on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:48 am



Even the best pilot in the universe couldn't outmanuever missiles in a ship without nav thrusters, Kieron decided. And ten seconds seems a mite short.

So, without immediate instructions, Kieron toggled the switch to reply. "Uh, Mr. Ribo, er, Rika, er, uh, Mr. Count?" Kieron decided to stick with given that his accent was mangling the fellow's proper name.

"I reckon we probly will surrender but we got some hurt folk over here and we ain't rightly sure who's in charge right this second. If you could maybe give us five or ten minutes or so to sort that out, we'd be much obliged to ya," Kieron finished in the slightly wheedling tone he used to get treats from his mama back home. Or get cute girls in his bed nowadays.

"Besides, ya'll kinda owe us a little consideration since you interrupted our supper, and it was a really good supper, too!"

OOC: I'll back this up with an Influence roll if I need to, Jedi. Also, Kieron left the intercom on so the rest of crew would've heard him.

johntfs
Player
Player

Number of posts : 130
Age : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Jedi_Master_007 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:06 am

The message that played was pretty ominous. The voice that came through was male. It was a little raspy and had a slow draw to it. If you were a betting type, the voice came from an older man.

"To the crew of the Ancient Sands transport vessel, I am Count Rikovovich. Your ship is damaged and in need of dire repair. Our sensors have detected a hull breech and your external thrust navigators are completely gone. My friend has a missile locked onto your ship. You have ten seconds to surrender."

Hudak looked around, all unfocused liked while he concentrated on the name Rikovovich. It was on the tip of everyone's tongue, but the Doc recognized it immediately. There was a Dimitri Rikovovich who was once attached to the unit working security ops at the very same facility he did his experiments. If he's gone rogue, it was one can of worms that had a lot of potentially lethal consequences. On the other hand, if he was the grudge holding type...

"I'd like to say we fight them off but our two guns don't mean much against a fighter with missiles." Hudak's revelation brought everyone's senses back around. "Naomi, Cassidy would have you in charge and you know how to deal with people better then me. I think if we surrender they will try to board the ship and take our supplies. If they meant to destroy us that missile would be fired already...If they try to come in, I want to be ready."


He looked at Phineas. "Can you take one of the air ducks below the floor to get to your storage room and prep a suit or two? Maybe you can bring Doc some supplies too. I think we should save as much as we can. If there is a hull breach we will need them for repairs. It won't do us good to waste them now. Hudak looked at Phineas and Naomi for confirmation.

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Claymore on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:39 pm

Cross positioned himself with his back to the wall, in case the ship was going to lurch again, and kept the captain's head as steady as he could. He was looking extremely agitated, but had nothing else to add at the time. So as Phineas pulled away Hudak's attention and everyone else was literally more or less in the dark, the doctor decided there was nothing left to do but make the moment a little more bearable. So with his free hand, he discretely reached into his pocket for his silver flask, thankful that he refilled it not too much earlier, and took a swig.

Dr. Winston Cross


Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Number of posts : 315
Age : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=15037

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by gtgauvin on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:26 pm

" Hudak," Phineas says, regaining a scrap of his composure," you're the captain's right hand. Does this ship have any kind of options for beatin' these guys back or gettin' us outta range?.

gtgauvin
Player
Player

Number of posts : 20
Age : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by johntfs on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:28 pm



Gulping in sudden nervous fear, Kieron toggled the intercom. "Hey! Hey, y'all, we're under attack by a fighter an' and transport and the fighter's got a missile lock on us! They sent us a WAVE, too!"

So announcing, Kieron played the WAVE over the intercom as well.

OOC: What kind of weapons, defenses, decoys, etc. does this ship have? And which of those are accessible to Kieron as the Pilot?


Last edited by johntfs on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

johntfs
Player
Player

Number of posts : 130
Age : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Jedi_Master_007 on Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:24 am

As all of the arguing was happening about what to do and how to do it, Kieron seen it as Naomi understood it. The rumble was the effect of high velocity projectiles. Ancient Sands had collided alright...with incoming fire. Yes someone was shooting at you! Kieron could see two enemy vessels through the cockpit. One was a small bulk transport and the other was an even smaller T-22 Wasp, an older (READ: Obsolete) model fighter that saw some planetary action at the beginning of the war for the Browncoats.

Ancient Sands shuddered again as another burst of fire came across it's bow. The small fighter zoomed by and was coming around again. This time as it did, it kept it's distance. The red emergency light above the radar kicked in, indicating that it had a missile locked on.

Then there was an incoming WAVE, presumably from the Transport.


Back down in the Mess, Hudak stood his ground. "You don't know how bad the damage is out there. Captain wouldn't want anyone to do it until we know--" He lurched as the ship rumbled again under the most recent warning shot. "Listen! We're being shot at. You feel that. Those are warning shots."

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Claymore on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Cross wasn't at all pleased at having his path blocked. "I can stop the bleeding here, but I can't get her back on her feet without the right tools!" He was at a loss for ideas, and looked at the others in hopes someone would have a better idea, when the ship shook again. The Doc was already on his knees tending to Cassidy, and instantly grabbed her head to keep it steady while the ship was anything but. But this was at the expense of a hand that he would had needed to keep his balance, and his own head crashed into the wall behind her. "Gorramit!! Well we can't stay here. Someone get in a space suit and wave a white sheet around or something."

Then an idea hit him. Not necessarily a good idea, mind you, but an idea nonetheless. "Do we have any suits back here? If that area's already decompressed, I can get by that hole for more useful than band-aids."


Dr. Winston Cross


Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Number of posts : 315
Age : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=15037

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by johntfs on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:45 am



The ship rocked and roared yet again, throwing Kieron to the deck once more. Gritting his teeth, he half-stumbled, half-crawled along the decking until he got to the bridge door. Holding it tightly, he managed to get it open and stumbled through it. He half-flung himself into the pilot's chair and took a moment to strap himself in against further damage.

"Awight," he said, checking the appropriate instruments. "Let's find out just what the Chicken Chow Mein is goin' on out there!"


Last edited by johntfs on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total

johntfs
Player
Player

Number of posts : 130
Age : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by purplegeekness on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:49 am

As Naomi fell to the ground her arms shot out to try to support herself. "Hudak!!!! i need to fix the fricking hole.....we can't live if we can't fricking breathe!" She gasped in pain as she hit the ground in her suit. "What the Hell!"

OOC:rolled a 5 on Dc4 int check
avatar
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by gtgauvin on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:59 am

Phineas grabs onto the nearest solid object and hoists himself to his feet. His breathing is audible and his knuckles go white as he braces himself for another tremor. Anyone who knew him well enough could see the signs that the walls were starting to close in for him.

" I don't mean to be insubordinate here," he growls through gritted teeth," but could one of you in-command-types please ban qian ni de pigu to the bridge and find out what the hell that is afore we all get dead?!"

gtgauvin
Player
Player

Number of posts : 20
Age : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Jedi_Master_007 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:03 pm

It was a mess. The Doc learned that Cassidy was down for the count. She had some head trauma as well as a severe laceration, and that was in addition to the shrapnel that needed to be removed. It was all work he could do, but it wasn't work that he could do here, or without proper tools of the trade.

Hudak stopped Naomi too. He wasn't pleasant like normal. He insisted that nobody was going back there. As if to be an even worse omen, there was another shudder from Tribal Mask, enough to knock everyone off their feet.

OOC - Roll an Intelligence roll, DC4

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by purplegeekness on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:55 am

Naomi ran towards the suiting area. She needed to get into a suit to repair the breach. She cursed under her breath as struggled to put the suit on, but a hull breach meant the whole cargo area was in danger of decompression. She needed to get it fixed rapidly. With the practiced ease of someone who;d done the drill many times in the past and someone who knew their life depended on it, she put her suit on and connected it up. She hoped one of the others would remember to bring her some of her tools that she'd need to repair something big.

"Hudak! Welding gear!" she yelled down the hall. She'd no idea what Hudak was doing, but with the urgency she'd yelled it. She knew Hudak would get it or get someone else to get it quickly.
avatar
purplegeekness
Purple Storyteller
Purple Storyteller

Number of posts : 358
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by johntfs on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am



"Aaooowww!" Kieron moaned as he was slammed against the bulkhead and ended up spitting out the fish despite his best efforts. The grey, half-chewed mess ended splattered on the floor.

With horror he saw the captain's injuries but also saw the Doc working on it. With everybody else busy saving other parts of the ship and crew, Kieron realized he still had to do his part. Grimly determined, his back sore from impact with the wall, Kieron tried to make his way to the bridge.


Last edited by johntfs on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total

johntfs
Player
Player

Number of posts : 130
Age : 49
Registration date : 2009-04-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Jedi_Master_007 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:19 am

With Gordon's help - even though he came from like 30 meters away to help and left nobody on the bridge to respond to the incoming wave from the pirates demanding the ship's surrender...or else - Hudak got the door closed. The latch on it slammed shut. And just then, that's when the realization of what was happening sunk in.

It's also about the time the Doc and Phineas had started trying to tend to the Captain. When talk of getting people to the infirmary got mentioned, Hudak stood his ground by the door. "No can do. I let anyone go through this door to the infirmary, we all die."

Crud.

OOC: Doc, give us an Intelligence + Medical Expertise roll to figure out what's wrong. Your General practice works. It's DC6

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by gtgauvin on Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:13 am

It took a couple seconds for Phineas to get his bearings and figure out what was going on. He was a simple frontier boy, fresh off St. Albans, and he was still getting used to the vagaries of life in the Black. He stood, dumbfounded for a moment as Gordon pushed past him to help shut the hatch. Composing himself, he runs over to the cabinets.

" Doctor, you know anywhere we got a stretcher?" he asked, rummaging through the cupboards for a tablecloth in the case they didn't." Looks to me as like we ougtha not move her around too much."

gtgauvin
Player
Player

Number of posts : 20
Age : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 pm

Gordan came off the wall rubbing his elbow and cursing something unintelligable. Half chinese, half english, all foul. He
Gordon growled to himself as he watched Cassidy go down and immediately took charge, "Hudak, get that gorram hatch closed before we all die!" He started moving to help Hudak get the hatch closed and yelled over his shoulder, "Someone get the Cap to the Infirmary. Now! Doc! If theres anyone else hurt we'll get e'm. Now move!"

_________________
I'm in a stream bitch! I'm in a stream! Take a good hard look at the mutherfuckin' stream!

avatar
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-22

View user profile http://wdgames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Claymore on Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:45 pm

After the first jolt, the doctor more or less followed Gordon's example. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to save his glass of wine with the same grace, and only got to enjoy the half that didn't end up in his lap.

Phineas's 'just in case' request was sound, but with a quick "I'll be right back" he separated from the group and headed for the infirmary. He wouldn't be much good to the crew without at least some basic supplies. Unfortunately, one of them was not a flashlight. The second jolt and subsequent blackout left him momentarily disoriented in the hallway until he was finally able to feel his way up to where all the shouting was coming from. As he drew closer, it became apparent that the red light ahead was not coming from emergency lights. Something was burning. "I'm here!" he called out to anyone who needed him enough to care.

He found some people on the floor, and rushed over to the only one laying in a pool of blood. The kit didn't have much, but it at least had some things to stop the bleeding. While he tended to her as best he could, he shouted behind him to no one in particular, "I need someone to help me them to the infirmary! Is there anyone else hurt?"

Dr. Winston Cross


Claymore
Supporting Storyteller
Supporting Storyteller

Number of posts : 315
Age : 33
Registration date : 2009-01-26

View user profile http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=15037

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Jedi_Master_007 on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:13 pm

As the crew started to move, another shudder rocked the ship. Lights went out, all power was gone. Worse then that, things not held down with significant weight immediately took off through the air. It was like a breeze. It was strong enough to tug on your clothes, to blow your hair, and everyone who has been in space more then an hour knew that it meant seriously bad news.

It meant there was a hull breach.

"We got a hull breach!" It was Hudak. The little man's voice carried across the ship. "It's coming from the cargo hold!" Hudak took off down the hall towards the engine room. The cargo hold was on the way to the engine room. He got about halfway there and grabbed a pipe along the wall, halting in his tracks. "Everyone get back!" Hudak shouted. He was trying with all of his impressive (for his size anyway) strength to close a hatch door.

On the other side of the ship, towards the bridge, the cause of the power shortage was immediately known. It was a small electrical explosion that happened the same time the ship got hit again. The explosion knocked Kieron forward, slamming him against a wall. It knocked Gordon backwards, putting him against the closest wall, causing his elbow to hit on something hard enough to jar all of the feeling out of his right hand.

Cassidy ended up much, much worse. She was in the direct path of the explosion. Two pieces of shrapnel hit her in the back. One hit her lower back near the kidney area. Another hit her shoulder. The blast was enough to force her into the wall. She hit hard, with a thud, and then rolled on the ground.

...

Jedi_Master_007
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 1279
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r on Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Gordon wrapped his hands around his plate and snatched his cup off the table spilling only a small drop. Chugged the rest of the wine and said, "That didn't come from inside the ship." Gordon popped up and headed to the bridge praying they had simple drifted into some space refuse, at the back of his head though, there was this nagging suspicion. "One hot meal. One nice, hot, meal. Cap, if we just got shot at I'm not going to be happy. Getting shot at is most definitely not shiny! I'm tellin' ya, that better have been a gorram rock."

_________________
I'm in a stream bitch! I'm in a stream! Take a good hard look at the mutherfuckin' stream!

avatar
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Age : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-22

View user profile http://wdgames.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by gtgauvin on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:53 pm

" Ruttin' hell, zhe shi shenme?" Phineas hissed, getting to his feet. Between the shock of the impact and the dimmed lights, suddenly the walls of the inner bulkhead seemed to close in a little, and Phineas became fully aware of the fact that he was rocketing around with little more than a thin skin of metal between him and absolutely nothing.

" I'll go check out the hold," he told the Captain." Doctor Cross, think you could come down and lend a hand, just in case?"

gtgauvin
Player
Player

Number of posts : 20
Age : 39
Registration date : 2009-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dinner Bell - All Characters

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum