Thank you for finding us, but we've moved:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Write Up - Sydney

2 posters

Go down

The Write Up - Sydney Empty Re: The Write Up - Sydney

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:05 am

OOC: Good posting +2 EXP
Thread Closed.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-22

https://wdgames.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:23 am

I chuckled a bit more, Devin at least had a sense of humor. That much evident with his thinking that there would be coffee or drinks afterward. Not very likely. "Only time will tell Devin," I checked the clock and saw that my spot was almost up, "Well Devin, it's about time for me to wrap this up for the night. I'll see you at that concert tomorrow." I hung up after the good-byes, and went back on the air to do my signing off farewell to the listeners. "Now for those that have been with me this entire time on our ride of tunes you know what time it is, and for those don't.. well you will in just a moment. Till next time my listeners, keep it tuned to KRCK 105.1 and I'll see you in my dreams." I cue the next song and motioned for the next DJ to come on in and take his seat. "Have a good day Mark."

Finally on my way home. I was dead ass tired and bed sounded heavenly.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:02 am

"Haha!" Devin replied, "Who knows, you might even like me so much you decide to take me out for coffee afterwards?" The phrase just oozed off his tongue like everything else that night. Not in a bad way, but he spoke a little slower than you were used to with New Yorkers. "Or maybe you'll let me take you out for a drink. I promise, you'll like me. I'll be the least creepy guy you've ever met." Devin almost crooned into the phone making your ears vibrate with the sound.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:08 am

I gave a small chuckle, feeling rather pleased with myself that I was able to spare his feelings. It had been a while since I actually felt compelled to be nice to anyone for any reason. Maybe it was his accent, his polite manner in which he spoke, or maybe I just wanted to be a little daring for a change. I was about to give him the location and time to meet me when I heard a faint voice in the background, then the quick shh'ing from Devin. So he was either planning on bringing a friend or he was arranging this for someone else, either way I was going to have back up with me. The station never let one of the DJ's cover a concert by themselves, there was way to much equipment that could be jacked without a second pair of eyes to help keep watch.

"You can find me in the parking lot about an hour before the concert. Ya won't be able to miss me, I'll be the brunette in the big van with the station logo on the side." I purposefully left out the other DJ, I didn't see any reason to put a damper on the date. Hell there was a good chance he might not even show.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:10 am

"That'll work for me, darlin'." You could hear him smiling again on the other end. "When you want to meet up?" His tone was a little different, he was writing, and you thought you heard someone in the background on his end but he made a hissing sound and there was silence for a moment while he waiting on you to answer him.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:17 am

"You know the last time I remember a guy that used charm like this on females before, right now he's serving life 6 feet under... Ted Bundy was his name." I chuckled to let him know I was kidding back. I rolled my eyes and tried to think of an answer that would both please him and allow me to keep my job. Rent was coming up and I couldn't afford to be without a job right now. "But I tell you what Devin, I'll do you one better then merely be your date. How would you like to accompany me to the concert as my special DJ guest?" That should smooth over any wounds I may have caused by having to turn him down, and who knows, maybe this will jump my ratings a bit more too. I wasn't breaking any rules, technically I was manipulating the hell out of them. And for the first time tonight I smiled at myself.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:40 am

You could hear him sigh when you shut him down, but when you came back and asked if he was mad he ho hummed for a moment. Then he answered, "Disappointed yes. Angry...No. Rules are rules. Are ya mad that you're goin' ta sit there listen' to such a lame rule? Clearly, darlin', its only there to stop you from goin' out and havin' some fun." He turned on the charm. You could hear that slow southern drawl creep back into his voice, and you knew he was not going to take such a blithe dismissal. You were either going to cave, or have to quit being cute about turning him down. "C'mon. It's broad daylight. A crowded Central Park. I promise I'm not to be creepy." You could almost hear him smiling on the other end.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:34 am

I gave him my best nervous flirty giggle, "I'm flattered that you asked Devin, and ordinarily I would say yes in a New York minute but.... " I gave a sigh, I really did hate turning him down, but with one write up already I couldn't afford another this soon, "They got these rules here that doesn't allow me to date the callers." It wasn't a lie, and I really did kinda want to go, and hell Devin here was getting brownie points for having the balls to ask me out over the air, over the air live no less. "Now don't go anywhere Devin, I'm gonna put you on hold for just a second ok?" It was time for that annoying penis enlargement spot again. I hit the cue and listened once again as they male actors went on to describe how much better their sex lives were. Liars... all of them were fucking liars. Once the commercial break was over I started the playlist for the rest of the night before picking back up the line that Devin was holding on. "So Devin.. are you mad that I can't go with ya?" I was trying my best to make this as light hearted as I could.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:02 am

There was a slight pause. "Well, you interested? I'll buy you some a funnel cake and perogies?" He sounded hopeful. "Maybe we can even splurge and have a few drinks." Either he was joking or he was one bold man. He tossed a few more inconsequentials to sweeten the deal a little more.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:02 pm

"Devin!" I exclaimed as if I were surprised that he called in again, when in reality I wasn't. "I hope you have a date for next weekend cause you're the 7th caller." I rolled my eyes and wondered if poor Devin even had a girl that would go out with him. It was my experience that most listeners at this hour either one worked ungodly hours that kept them from having a personal life, or simply couldn't get a date if they wanted one. "Now Devin, who are you gonna take with you? Hmm What lucky lady gets to partake of the Stone Sour concert?" I kept my eye on the track that was playing so I wouldn't miss my cue. I readied the next set of songs to play as I talked to Devin on the phone, recording his remarks so I could play them back on the air.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:49 pm

"Devin." It was the caller from last night. The one you had gotten in trouble for flirting with. "Did I win?" His voice hung in the air. Thankfully you were in the middle of a commercial spot. His voice had that same almost southern drawl to it. That slow, seduction, but there was also something indeniably intelligent about how he spoke. This was all you had gathered the night before.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:56 pm

I did a mental checklist of all my commercial spots that I had done so far, everything was good. Nothing missed, song request hour was done, next up was the call in for the two free tickets to the concert. I waited for the last note to play before I spoke into the mic again, "Now for all those listening to the sound of my voice, I am now waiting for the 7th caller to give away two free tickets to the Stone Sour concert." I flipped the switch again to take my voice off the mic and played the spot for the penis enlargement magic pill. Just listening to it made me chuckle as I wondered what would happen if our loyal listeners were informed of the law suits being brought against the manufacture. The number one rule of broadcasting was that you weren't allowed to say anything unless it was true, and this was all to true. The commercial break finished and back on the air I went, "Alright my lovely listeners, I do believe we have our 7th caller. Hello caller, might I have your name?"
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sun May 24, 2009 3:10 pm

Bruce shrugged. "Some of those guys from corporate came in here earlier." He signed off on his system at his DJ booth. Been a quiet day. Nothing major yanno? The usual B.S." He smiled at you as you came in and sat down. There was a pause as he hit some switches, which activated your board and rolled the shift over to you. You were officially on the clock. "It's all yours. I gotta get home. Got a hot date." He grinned ear to ear. "Don't work too hard." He rose and started grabbing his things that were scattered across the switching board that served as his desk. Jack was a big proponent of modernizing the DJ set up here, as a result most of the switches didn't do anything anymore so they served as desk space. There were two boards and a computer. That was it. Everything else was either automated or controlled through the computer, and the five primary boothes had the same set up. The sixth was much larger and contained a full sound board for acoustic live events.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Sat May 23, 2009 12:41 am

I nodded and watched Jack stand up and leave the room. I wondered what he had done to ever get a write up. I'd have to ask him some time. Stretching my arms and neck, and bending my back I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Coffee... two or three cups should do it." I went over to the coffee machine and poured myself the biggest cup of coffee I could find. Two sugars and about 5 creamers. Creamed coffee tastes good whether it was hot or cold, hence it never went to waste. I checked my watched and saw I had bout half an hour now till I was due on the air and decided to make my way on back a bit early.

The studio rooms were always cold to me. Could it be the short shirts I wore? Hmmm very possible. Another good reason for the coffee. After Bruce, the daytime DJ finished up his spot and cued the commercials I went on in and took my seat. "How goes the world of the living Bruce?" It was a private joke Bruce and I had. He worked from mid day to mid evening aka the world of the living. My shift was mid evening to early morning, aka the world of the dead. No one was ever up for my broadcast except for the few lonely hearts, sexually deprived, and mentally delusional individuals.

I went over my list for commercial spots and made a post it note to remind myself not to forget the ad spots again. I took hold of the mic between my palms and spoke ever so softly, "It's that time again lonely listeners, time to sit back, forget the world that you were in just a few moments ago and come along on my ride of melodies. I'm taking calls now for request and later we'll be giving away a chance for two tickets to the up coming Stone Sour concert. So stay with me and together we might just find that great meaning of life." Cueing the first song for the night, I muted myself and began shuffling through the cd bend to find something a bit different for the night.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Sun May 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Jack nodded, understanding. "I know its crap, but like I said, ads are how we pay the bills around here so corporate takes it pretty seriously." He made a face. "Anyway, I gotta get out of here to the wife and kids. She made me a steak tonight." He smiled. Jack had been married for about eight years now and had two kids, Mark and Isa. They were four and seven, and you had had a chance to meet both of them at a few of the more family friendly events the station sponsored, and Jack loved showing off his kids and how cool they were, and for kids, they were pretty cool. They, obviously, knew a lot about music. "Don't sweat this. Happens to all of us once in awhile. Okay?" He stood up and shrugged on his station hoodie.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Sat May 09, 2009 1:19 am

I took the paper and read it over, "Wow, you know the whole world has wondered since the dawn of time what the meaning of life is, now we know... its penis enlargement!" I grabbed a pen off his desk and signed my name, "Sorry Jack, I don't mean to blow up, but do they honestly think people buy this crap? I mean you cannot tell me what some wack job out there is going to be sitting at radio at 2am wondering how he can make his the biggest on the block."

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, "Sorry... just had to get that out before I went on the air. Won't happen again."
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Tue May 05, 2009 5:12 pm

Jack nodded and handed you a white piece of paper. It had in official type at the top, "Problem Resolution Form" He looked up at you, "You missed an ad spot last night." You seen the documentation. Sure enough, there was an ad for Enzyte you missed. It should've played between 2 and 2:05 AM. You were on the phone with the requester you had flirted with. "The guys from corporate sent it down, apparently someone had been listening for it and called this morning when it didn't play." He didn't look happy about having to do it, but he had already signed it. That told you it was legit. "I don't have to tell you, two more of these and we have to let you go. Ads are how we pay the bills around here, and we almost lost our contract with them."
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Sun May 03, 2009 1:39 pm

I saw Jack sitting at his normal seat and walked on over to him leaning up against the wall. "Just waiting for my shift to start." Jack wasn't much to look at but damn if he didn't have one of the most seductive voices for women and commanding voices for men on the air waves.

"Thanks, glad you liked it." I gave him a real smile, he was one co-worker/boss that would tell you like it was. If he really liked your show he'd let you know and if he didn't like it, he would really let you know. I looked down at the commercials to be played and wrinkled my nose. "More feminie hygenie products it seems. Why is it I get stuck with those at the crack of dawn? Course it could be worse, I could be doing commercial spots for those male enhancer meds." I chuckled a bit at that thought, the commercials on the late night tv was bad enough without adding to the mix of radio. "As for music tho, I've got some Stone Sour to play throughout the night to help promote the fundraiser. Then a few spots for my late night request hotline. Sound good?"
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:39 pm

You made it to work exactly 7 minutes before you were supposed to be there, which was an hour before you went on air. That gave you time to meet with the DJ before you and look over your agenda... Which commercials had to be played, and when, which songs had to have air time and when, along with what contest you guys were holding this week, as well as plugs for any events you have going on.

The contest today were two tickets to see Stone Sour, who were in town for a few days over the weekend. The event you were plugging tonight though was a free concert in Central Park, that your radio station was promoting and sponsoring. It was scheduled for tomorrow morning and on into the evening for the David Heller Foundation. A non-profit organization dedicated to helping under privileged teens afford college. Not necessarily scholarships and grants, but it was, instead, a supplemental income for. Your boss, who worked the AM shift was waiting for you when you got there, he was always there. Jack Schneider was a dynamo on the mic. His show was one of the most popular un-syndicated radio shows in NYC.

"Whats up Sydney?" He asked in that voice of his. Jack had a voice for radio. He had the quintessential announcer voice. Deep and loud. That bassy voice that you had heard from other DJs like him that had first made you want to be a radio DJ. "You had a good show last night, I just listened to most of the tapes. Whats your playlist look like for tonight?"
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:14 pm

I looked out the window at the coming of the night and for the first time in a long time considered calling in to work. I could happily curl back into my covers, cover my head and attempt to pretend that the phone call from my mother hadn't happened. Leave it to her to not only kill any chance at a decent night sleep, but to kill any chance at a decent nights work. There was nothing wrong with my life. Sure I didn't have a boyfriend, sure I had only one friend to my name, and yeah maybe some people thought my tattoo's were a bit much but so what... it was my life damnit, not theirs. Arghhhh! I yelled as I grabbed a pillow and pretended to strangle it.

I took a shower, wrapped a towel around me, and padded around my itty bitty apartment a few minutes when I began to feel a bit closed in. I have to get out of here, I thought to myself. I grabbed a pair of faded black jeans, a Disturbed concert t-shirt, and a pair of tennis shoes. Dried and dressed, I stepped outside and inhaled a deep breath of city air. Any other night and this would have calmed me but tonight for some reason it only made me more tense.

I started walking down the sidewalk toward the subway entrance when I broke out in a small chill that ran up along my spine. I stopped and looked around, was someone watching me? I glanced at all the people walking by, I even checked out the few individuals standing at the paper stands. This is crazy I told myself under my breath. I went on down and caught my train to work. Another 20 minutes or so and I would be back in my studio with music playing, taking me someplace else.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:41 pm

Hanging up on your mother provided you with a nice bit of satisfaction up until the last words she said sunk in, "I love you." Something about her tone had made you sick to your stomach with dread, and when you looked out your window at New York City, the garish shadows being cast across the buildings across the street seemed menacing. You had goose bumps in that minute. The night was just starting, and instead of being excited and ready for work, the mood was quickly becoming oppressive, and stifling. Your bedroom looked a lot smaller then, and the odd shadows being cast inside even looked strange and hinted at the possibility of something being hidden inside them.
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dejavue Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:12 pm

I had no sooner hit my pillow and closed my eyes then my phone rang. "Fuck!" I growled. I was dead ass tired and there was only person that had my home number, my mother, everyone else called my cell. "Hey mom." I said answering the phone. My voice already held that annoyed tone to it as I already knew what was coming. I could bank on her voicing her opinion once again about how I lived my life. Really my life wasn't so bad. I worked at a radio station doing the late night show, I had one good friend that I occasionally went out with. And my hobby of tattoo parlors. I was so addicted to getting inked. I had at least 10 so far and no current plans on stopping anytime soon. One because I loved the artwork, two it allowed me to express myself in a private way, and third it annoyed the hell out of my mother.

On and on she went with her opinions. I looked at my clock and realized that she had been going on for a good 20 minutes this time, a record for her. Normally she only went bout 10 to 15, but last night she had heard me flirt with a caller on the air and so this gave her a whole new bag of amo. "Mom.... mom... " still she went on, and I just laid back and rolled my eyes. "Mom!" I said a bit louder, that got her attention, "I'm tired, I haven't even been to bed yet, so how bout saving this up for me for the next time I come to visit." Hopefully this was good enough to pacify her to shut up and take the hint. Nope! "Look mom, it's not that big a deal. And dad always told me to tell the truth right? Well I can't think of anything truer then a statement telling "boys" in general that it's not about size of the boat but the motion of the ocean. It stands to reason that the bigger the boat the bigger the waves, and the more enjoyable the ride." She knew what I was saying and what tickled me more was I knew she knew. "As for me finding a good man.... a good man won't care about my tattoos. Maybe my version of a good man will have more then I do. Now if you don't mind I'm gonna get some sleep." One day I would learn that by responding to her opinions with my own opinions only got her heated up again. "Night mother." And I hung up the phone and closed my eyes without another thought.
dejavue
dejavue
Player
Player

Back to top Go down

The Write Up - Sydney Empty The Write Up - Sydney

Post by Ac1ds0ld13r Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:09 am

Your day began almost like any other. Aside from the waking up at five o'clock at night. A phone call from your Mom chastising you about a racy crack you made on the air last night. It of course lead into what she was doing up at two in the morning. She mentioned she had had trouble sleeping and decided to give your show a listen. She had been disturbed by the "noise" you were playing, and then that racy comment about "boys." You had flirted a little with a caller requesting a song last night, thats all, and thats what she had been referring to. That of course turned into her getting on your case about your choice of profession. "Your wasting your life with that Dee Jay work Sydney. Your father and I, Lord rest his soul, raised you to be better than that. Keeping such odd hours, all those tattoos. Someone would think you're a loose lady by looking at you. Really Sydney, how do you expect to attract a good man with all those awful tattoos?"
Ac1ds0ld13r
Ac1ds0ld13r
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down